Licence Transfer Abuse?

Once, I have licence transferred before but I deleted all the content off my xbox because I realised it was a wrong thing to do but now I'm worried that I'm going to get banned from Xbox live for licence transferring with my friend once. I got a question. Will I get banned for licence transferring? Because I did delete everything that was related to the transfer off my hard drive. Plus I got all this content I paid for and I don't want to lose it all Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 50 Applies to:

Also, is there anyway of undoing it?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, you will not get banned, its within your right to do but only a few times a year. Now that you have done the transfer you will have to wait until you can transfer again. The date is listed the the license transfer area of your console. Further, you may still play your content on your console, you are just going to have to redownload all of it and since your console DOES NOT own the originial licenses anymore (since you transferred the originals) you will have to be logged onto xbox LIVE in order to play them.

so to answer it it better, you will not get banned and there is no way to undo it, but you can make it work. ;)

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

It does, but I'm talking about if your friend offers you free content hence "licence transfer abuse". Will I get banned if I deleted the content he gave me from the transfer from my xbox?

Sorry this didn't help.

The transfer is his and always will be. if he transferred to your xbox, you have the console that holds the original download license, that is all. Now that content can be played offline on your console only! If you delete it, it will not matter. He would just ahve to redownload it to your console if you wanted it there. There's no law broken, no abuse either. You won't get banned for anything described in this post

Sorry this didn't help.

Again, he DIDNT give you anything. You need to understand that, the license and content is still his, doing the transfer just made his license's move homes from his console to your console. He didnt gift you anything, his licenses just moved into your console. They are still his.

Sorry this didn't help.