Leveling up your guns in Party Games?

So, I'm going for the 50 wins in Gun Game and played a little Sharpshooter as well and, to my surprise, I unlocked suppressor for SVU-AS. I was under the impression that you can't level up weapons in that mode as I've never had it happen previously. So, I tried to see if I could level up other guns and unlocked the ones you get in Gun Game. Nope, nothing, though I could swear I've never made any level progress with KAP(?) and that burst firing handgun previously as I never use handguns outside party games, yet now they both are where you get them after 1 kill. No other weapon showed any progress. However, during Sharpshooter, I unlocked the suppressor for another sniper rifle. So, what's going on? Can you or can you not level up weapons in Party Games? Is it just a slower process, the way earning xp is in Combat Training?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

in sharp shooter if   you have ranked up to a certain level where that gun is available and you use a token to 

unlock it 

it will then  rank up in sharp shooter 

What about Gun Game? That's where I got the suppressor for SVU-AS.

never played gun game but i suppose if you have unlocked a item i must rank up as normal

I just find it weird how I managed to get the suppressor in Gun Game but no other weapon besides those two handguns show any progress.

but have you unlocked those guns with a unlock token ?

I did do so after unlocking that suppressor. I even tried creating a class that has them (after all there's the default class with SVU-AS).

then i don't know what i said above has worked for me in sharp shooter 

may be gun game works differently 

Apna is right. You will level up a gun in any game mode that you use that specific gun, as long as you have it unlocked with a prestige token. So if you unlock one of the guns that it used in gun game/sharp shooter/One in the Chamber then you earn weapon xp when you get kills with that gun. Same thing works with Score streaks out of Care packages. If you unlock the SSR and get it out of a care package, you can complete challenges for it.

If you have the gun unlocked, you can level it up in Gun Game.

^ We already said that.