Lets be real Treyarch...

You are going to make a good game.  It is going to be as original as a call of duty can be.  With that being said, I need you to stop doing whatever you are doing, and focus on hit detection/lag issues.  I'm not talking about the standard "this game is laggy" (according to the guy with 0.5 upload speed trying to connect to a guy on a different coast), or "i hate getting lag compensated" (guy with 50 download, 20 upload).  I'm talking about the generally poor hit detection/lag that came with the release of your first black ops.  Ten million people are going to be paying you $50-200 for this game and its DLC.  Do us a favor and fix this before November.  Maybe try releasing a public beta (this could also help get rid of glitches and other problems before people invest in your product).  Though I'll warn you now, if you do fix this, we wont have our standard lag topics to complain about and these boards will turn to a ghost land.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wrong place, Treyarch is never going to see this. Nice rant for no reason

The only way they will ever get rid of lag threads/issues is if they use dedicated servers. With the millions of dollars they make off of each title you would think we would have that by now. It would certainly prevent all those 'hacks/mods/cheats' we keep hearing about...

Public beta will not happen.

They only released a beta for COD4 and WaW to prove that the two companies were going to deliver when the COD series got reinvented. They know that each game will break records in sales so there's no purpose in showing they stuff off before hand.

At this point they're just going to feature all of the new things in the game we haven't seen before. I'm sure Treyarch knows about the prevailing issues with Blops and MW3 and working to avoid them day by day. I think a public beta is always a good idea.

I'm sure Treyarch will fix Infinity Ward's* mistakes.

[quote user="Umbreawesome"]

I'm sure Treyarch will fix Infinity Ward's* mistakes and make new ones in the process. History repeats.

[/quote]

Fixed.

they wont release a beta because they will lose money, cod hasnt been the same since waw..as someone said they knew they were releasing 2 darn great games. in cod 4 and waw.

Well then, Chompski.

[quote user="SizedArmadillo0"]

they wont release a beta because they will lose money, cod hasnt been the same since waw..as someone said they knew they were releasing 2 darn great games. in cod 4 and waw.

[/quote]

Couldnt disagree more.  This game will shatter sales records without a doubt, as each installment does.  The fan base is built in.  Unless the beta were to reveal a rabid bunny launcher I would estimate at least 97% of people that have played a previous CoD will be buying the next one.  We know pretty much the style, format and jist of what we are buying even without the Beta.

As others have said, a Beta would really only give them an opportunity to polish and play test.  Cant see the down side, really cant.