Let's talk vampirism...

Vampirism was more of a burden in oblivion, yeah it gave you a couple buffs. But it didn't quite make you feel like a vampire. I want to walk on ceilings, fly, super speed, super strength, and all the cons that come with it like being hunted by a vampire hunter, never being able to go out in the sun, garlic, silver, holy water. I'm sure I missed some other cool features they could have, let's talk.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not sure what to expect from vampirism in comparison to Oblivion, but I hope it is a hell of a lot better done.

Most of those things happened if you never drank blood. Except maybe the garlic....

I dont think OP let the Polymorphic Hemophilia run its course. :)

I spent a week getting rid of the vampirism-started to hate the game,but found a walkthrough...

Since when did Vampires become Superman?  

Anyways, in Morrowind had personality and substance plus it affected the game. Oblivion's do everything with no consequences play style just ruined it. Plus the whole drink blood stay human is just wrong. If anything drinking blood should make a vampire more powerful. So those who wanted to be a creature of the night could drink away, and those who just wanted to be Count Duckula well wouldn't drink.

I might have gotten carried away, I was watching Van Helsing last night. I started to think how cool it would be if vampires in elder scrolls were like that

I don't care what perks and restrictions I get, I'll always jump to be a creature of the night. BUT I despised being ugly. *takes off hipster glasses* sure classically vampires are monstrous insane bloodthirsty walking corpses (the "not like real vampires" vampires in i am legend are the only accurate vampires in modern media), but I prefer the seductive modern vampires

[quote user="StarScream 22"]

Since when did Vampires become Superman?  

Anyways, in Morrowind had personality and substance plus it affected the game. Oblivion's do everything with no consequences play style just ruined it. Plus the whole drink blood stay human is just wrong. If anything drinking blood should make a vampire more powerful. So those who wanted to be a creature of the night could drink away, and those who just wanted to be Count Duckula well wouldn't drink.

[/quote]

I think they did that because the vampires in oblivion were supposed to be like the "tragic vampire" archetype who still have their minds about them but are ruled by their addiction to blood. So basically vampires who don't want to become monsters are forced to perform a monstrous task.

Also, it's kinda like in daybreakers, where they turn into classical monstrous vampires from not feeding. Of course no one seems to be disgusted from human blood except for the main character, which I suppose is more socially accurate. After all, no one is disgusted by the extreme caffeine addictions so many people have because it's commonpalce 

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, as we have no official confirmation and they may not be in Skyrim, but according to the Elder Scrolls lore, there is/was a vampire clan native to Skyrim known as the Volkihar. You can read about them here(scroll down to the Skyrim section) and, more specifically, here.

The TLDR version is the Volkihar are a powerful clan of vampires in eastern Skyrim who are said to be paranoid and cruel, and whose very breath could freeze their victims' blood in their veins. They live beneath the ice of remote and haunted lakes, never venturing into the world of men except to feed. They can also reach through the ice of their lakes without breaking it and pull victims under the ice.

Again, Bethesda hasn't officially confirmed whether or not the Volkihar are in Skyrim.

The volkihar sounds sick