let's talk optics

I try to keep most of my engagements under 150 meters, and found the Coyote to be my preferred optic. What are yours?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Coyote also.  Not much of a long range shooter.  Not to mention, the med range attachments feel bulky and hinder my view.

kobra, that "T" is the bestest. easier to see in bright environments imo

I still like the holo. In fact, I like it so much I bought it's real life counterpart (EOTech) for my AR15 instead of any variety of other non-magnified red-dots. I like that 65 MOA ring with the 1 MOA dot in the center. They aren't cheap, though. They start at $450.

Also, for slight magnification, I like that PKA 3.4 x's sight. It seems to obscure your view less than any other magnified optic in BF. Plus, it has a "holo" style retical with the outer ring and center dot. I tried out all of the 3.4 x's sights and this one obscures your view the least. But, I often use the flip up magnifier. I was thinking about getting one of those flip up tactical magnifiers in real life too, to go with my EOTech 512 holographic sight.

Irons or the Coyote for me on everything, especially DMRs.

I like the Coyote because it's wide viewing area and thin borders

FLIR [irx2] on my type 95-b1 it is an excellent combo, I have FLIR [irx2] on my mtar but I rarely use it, on this one though my range is good an when I burst fire I can usually kill enemy's from a good distance excellent weapon on Caspian border & the GULF

If any of the platforms mentioned actually performed remotley like there real life counterparts then id def say any eotech, however when you see folks shot in the face with a 12 guage run right thru it it kinda erases any hope of legitimacy weapons/sights wise. For example in mid range ypu should be able to pluck fools from 500-600 meters with those lmgs but sheeet mang no way!

I normally use KOBRA, but lately I have been liking the Coyote on some AR/Carbine/LMG. On DMR's I go for the ACOG. I don't snipe very much, but I would probably go for 8X with those.

...lets talk whiskey instead...c'mon it's Friday