Lego game for my Grandson

i was at my daughters house a couple of days ago, and I signed on to my grandson's xbox with my gamertag to purchase a lego game for him that was on sale. I need to know how do I go about making the game playable with his gamertag. I have a Family pack Gold membership, and his gamertag is part of the membership. I never did download the game onto his xbox because it was 6gb and I was about to leave. I thought that with the family pack membership, I could buy stuff for the kids as a parent, then transfer it to their consoles. I did not buy it with points, I used my credit card. I now know, that I should have transfered the appropriate amount of points to his account, then purchased it with points with his gamertag. I am going to download the game to my xbox to a usb key. I am hoping that I can take the usb key, and transfer the game to his xbox, or is there a way to store it in the cloud, and then for him to download it from the cloud? I will not be back there for a couple of months, so I need a way to get the game to his xbox without me having to drive 200 miles. I did do a license transfer while I was on his xbox. I have no idea what the transfer did, but it said I had to wait for 4 months to do it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

@Blitzkrieg - that will not work as the DLC is tied to both the gamertag and the console it was originally downloaded to.  His grandson will only be able to access the game if it's downloaded to his console first.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

hi the only thing you need to do is download the game into your console with a usb key of 8gb and the gift the memory to your grandson then he conect the usb and select the game with his gamertag in the dashboard i buy points add on and games in my console and then i share it with my family playing with the games.

Sorry this didn't help.

To add to what onyx has said, license transfer transfer your console licenses from one console to another. So if you were signed into your account when you did the license transfer, all of the console licenses for the content you have downloaded has not been transferred to your grandson's console. You can still use the content as long as you're signed into Live.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, don't download the game to your console.  Just download it to his.  Games are tied to both the gamertag and the console that it was originally downloaded to.  

If you have already downloaded it to your console, call support and explain the situation to them.  They might be able to do a manual transfer to his console for you so when you go there next you'll be able to just redownload it to his console and he'll be able to play it.

Sorry this didn't help.