Left 4 dead 2 online issues

I just installed Left 4 Dead 2 onto my XBO, as well as all the DLC.  But when I try to play the game and get online, I always get an Xbox live error, and can't play online.  Anyone else having this issue? If so, anyone know of any fixes to this?

Question Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Hey Tillmans Army,

Sorry to hear! Could you post back with the specific Xbox Live error you are receiving? That will give us a better understanding of the issue.

In the meantime, go ahead and start out by power cycling your Xbox One by holding the power button until the console fully powers off and then power back on to see if the results change.

Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I do indeed get the same kind of error, it's very frustrating, as soon as I launch the game it says couldn't sign in or something like that, there is no error code, once I manually login, I try to join matches but it always takes ages and then it finally says failed to join! Then I get discounted a few seconds afterwards. The issue is only on the backwards, 360 interface thing, on the Xbox one system I'm still logged in and there are no issues whatsoever there. I'll post my own thread about this, but I just wanted to let the author know as well as support that this is apparently an issue being faced by many people.

Sorry this didn't help.

TheWhiteTigerRR are you receiving this issue with just Left 4 Dead 2 or with any other backwards compatible games?

Panda cx

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having issues with the online aspect of this game. Everything is fine until i hit Play Versus-->Quick match. At this point i am told i need to be signed into xbox live to play on line. While logging into the game it shows the cloud as being offline. This was working fine after i first installed the game, but then a few days later started this. This is the only game i am having issues with and it is my only BC game .

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Misfit3571!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. If you haven't already please be sure to try a power cycle on your console as recommended by Mister Beep above. If that doesn't help, try re-downloading your Xbox Live profile to see if there's any change with that.

To re-download your profile while playing an Xbox 360 game press both the Menu and the View button at the same time to bring up the Xbox 360 guide. Once the guide is up scroll down to Download Profile and re-enter your Xbox Live information.

Let us know how it goes :)

Sorry this didn't help.