League Play?

I just started playing league play and forgive me if this has already been discussed but is the lag almost unplayable for anyone else?  I really haven't had any severe issues with lag as far as regular play goes but every match I'm in for league play is almost unplayable.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In the opening week LP was much better lag-wise than regular public matches.  I've found the reverse to be true in the previous week or so.  So yeah, I agree, although I wouldn't call it unplayable.  It's a nuisance but it hasn't affected the outcome of more than one game or so, and I've played a good number in the last couple weeks.

Smaller numbers of people playing LP than that are playing core modes, so its going to be harder to find games and games of people geographically close to you, therefore connections will probably be worse.

It seems to be better in LP for me. 4v4 is usually smoother than 6v6, as long as the host isn't bad.

Good point^^ and if you are partied up with guys close to your location, it would probably be good or better.

[quote user="UneasyJmitchell"]

Smaller numbers of people playing LP than that are playing core modes, so its going to be harder to find games and games of people geographically close to you, therefore connections will probably be worse.

[/quote]

AHHH that makes sense.  Its hilarious the amount of people who quit out of these games when there losing.

[quote user="TODDY BY NATURE"]

I just started playing league play and forgive me if this has already been discussed but is the lag almost unplayable for anyone else?  I really haven't had any severe issues with lag as far as regular play goes but every match I'm in for league play is almost unplayable.

[/quote]

There was almost no lag for me on League play during the first weak. In-fact i had substituted public for league play just to get away from all the lag. I haven't tried it since because public matchmaking has been a little bit better since launch. Still barely playable but that's just me.

Yeah, how "competetive" can it be with the current rulesets AND a host? Its whatever, some people seem to be enjoying it. I may play it later after max prestige.

So after playing a ton of league play recently I have realized that this is completely broken (shocker).  I would say around 60% of the matches I play people just drop out .  I just finished a match of 6 on 1.   If they want to establish some sort of "league" play a 5 minute probation isn't going to do anything.  They need to implement some sort of thing that if you drop out of 20 matches you are suspended from league play for a weak and then go one form there.  This whole 5 minute probation is hilarious because people just go play regular and then drop out of those games after 5 minutes.  Also don't be an idito like me and play by yourself.  I swear I get partnered up with the worst people.  I just had a guy on my team go 1 and 17.

I've already discussed an idea for this, but it's still kind of harsh. You get 3 strikess: 1) A warning; 2) temporary ban for a week; 3) banned for an entire season (or the next 1 if close enough to the end of 1). To keep innocent people from getting accidentally banned for a season, there would be a time-frame of say a week or so that you'd have to get all 3 strikes.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

I've already discussed an idea for this, but it's still kind of harsh. You get 3 strikess: 1) A warning; 2) temporary ban for a week; 3) banned for an entire season (or the next 1 if close enough to the end of 1). To keep innocent people from getting accidentally banned for a season, there would be a time-frame of say a week or so that you'd have to get all 3 strikes.

[/quote]

I agree completely with you. If they want people to take a "league" seriously they need to implement some strict guidelines to it.