Laziness?

I don't know if EA is just lazy or they just don't have a long enough development cycle for the Madden series. Not saying players names or saying them wrong is a glaring error. ie. Phil Taylor from the Browns being called Ryan Taylor. Running back a punt to the opponents 40 yard line and then I get 1st and 10 from my own 20 yd line... mistakes like these are glaring and in my opinion unforgivable. You can't create a simulaion of football if you cannot get simple things right. I have been buying the Madden series since my beloved 2K had the NFL bought from under them. Maybe it because EA has no competition that they only make minor improvements and have major bugs. Maybe they are saving the big improvements and a better NFL game for when more than one developer is making an NFL game. All I know, is that every year I get a new roster, maybe some blades of grass on the field, some new tackling animations, and the same old commentary and new bugs and glitches. Hopefully when the exclusivity agreement runs out, the NFL allows more than one company to make an NFL game so we can get a game that we can all be proud of, whether it is a Madden game or a 2K series game. I am sure we all can agree that we just want the best game we can get for our $60.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Oh forgot to mention in my franchise it rains EVERY SINGLE outdoor game (13 straight outdoor games).... annoying!!

[quote user="RCblackbelt24"]

I don't know if EA is just lazy or they just don't have a long enough development cycle for the Madden series. Not saying players names or saying them wrong is a glaring error. ie. Phil Taylor from the Browns being called Ryan Taylor. Running back a punt to the opponents 40 yard line and then I get 1st and 10 from my own 20 yd line... mistakes like these are glaring and in my opinion unforgivable. You cant crated a smimulation of football if you cannot get simple things right. I have been buying the Madden series since my beloved 2K had the NFL bought from under them. Maybe it because EA has no competition that they only make minor improvements and have major bugs. Maybe they are saving the big improvements and a better NFL game for when more than one developer is making an NFL game. All I know, is that every year I get a new roster, maybe some blades of grass on the field, some new tackling animations, and the same old commentary and new bugs and glitches. Hopefully when the exclusivity agreement runs out, the NFL allows more than one company to make an NFL game so we can get a game that we can all be proud of, whether it is a Madden game or a 2K series game. I am sure we all can agree that we just want the best game we can get for our $60.

[/quote]Thats the problem....Madden has never been a sim, Its been arcade since the first one came out.  (I had all of the maddens except a few since its debut)...  I know its far fetched but compare the BEST features of madden vs. THE BEST features of NBA 2K11  (I know , not same game obviously) but compare...  2k players signiture dribble/and how they run up court...> madden all players run the same  ///   LOOK AT THE CROWD IN 2K (you suck then the stands are somewhat empty), then look at crowd in madden (heck it that really a crowd in madden or is it just looks like paper dolls) (2k crowd looks like real people)....Look at the presentation in 2k,  now look at the presentation in madden .. Where is the hightlights of other games in madden?  Its 2011 and it still not implemented in the game?  LOOK AT THE FRANCHISE MODE IN 2K,  NOW LOOK AT THE FRANCHISE MODE IN MADDEN ( hands down 2k kills in this department)  , compare the admosphere in 2k during games vs that of madden,  Look at how different players look in 2k vs how they look in madden,  Now go get nfl 2k5 , look at it, then look at madden....If a football could be made by both , what do you think would happen?   And I am comparing a BASKETBALL GAME TO A FOOTBALL GAME..so just imagine where we would be at now. To initiate the A QUICK DEATH BLOW, imagine BACKBREAKER joining forces with 2K...GAMMMMMMME  OVER