Latest game informer makes me hate Activision!

Read pages 34 through 37 of the newest gameinformer.  It goes into detail about how activision railed former IW developers Jason West, and Vince Zampella.  After all the hard work they put into mw1 and mw2, they were then fired for no real reason, not given their money due, and then Activision tried to counter sue them for what Mw3 did not produce in sales because they were no longer making modern warfare games.  

Since the lawsuit has hopefully settled I hope Jason and Vance finally get to make something with their new company Respawn, and to Activision you suck, I hope your company fails in a big way.  I feel sorry for Treyarch and hope they have people watching their backs.  It would be a shame to see the same thing happen to you.  You guys at Treyarch should take the first chance you get to get away from the **** at Activision. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lol

Mine just came in the mail and I noticed the article but havent sat down to read it yet.  But I can only guess that good ol Bobby Kotex is at it agian.

"Happy Drinking"

Im sure they will do wicked good with respawn as yes all the cods they made were awesome.

I think a lot of people forget that Activision and other publishers are in the business to make money not to make friends. I read the interview and I'm not saying I agree with what Activision is doing or has done but I see why they are doing it. It's all about the money.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

[quote user="bowski477"]

I think a lot of people forget that Activision and other publishers are in the business to make money not to make friends. I read the interview and I'm not saying I agree with what Activision is doing or has done but I see why they are doing it. It's all about the money.

[/quote]

It always has been about money. The issue is that it appears to have become more about money than even before. The more emphasis on money, the less emphasis on the customer, it seems. Sounds good for the guys pocketing cash. Not good for the guys forking the cash over. 

-

Activision is likely the reason behind most/all the bad that has ever happened with COD.

-

They forced COD3 to be released in under a year so that COD4 (beginning of the end) could be released at the ideal time. Then, after COD4, 3A got screwed over again when they were told that they couldn't make WaW (or whatever it would have been called) the way they wanted. They had to follow COD4's system to milk it. The MP40 apparently wasn't allowed to be nerfed on orders from Activison. How else would the new casual/child masses be able to compete?

-

I don't know all the details but there are hints here and there that Treyarch has been at odds with Activision before.

Where is your source for all of that?

Two things to remember.

#1 This is only 1 side of  the story.

#2 they went from the second most hated publisher to the most hated publisher in EA. Aparently they havent learned thier lesson or perhaps there was truth to the claims they were in bed with EA while under contract w Activision....

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]I'd also like to see something concrete, although I never saw anything official (though how official can you get about inter-company issues that aren't made official by the companies themselves), that's all stuff I read years ago and considering it's Activision with Bobby Kotick in charge, I wouldn't be surprised.

[quote user="bowski477"]

[/quote]

You're free to disbelieve it if you wish but I'm not about to go Googling for +3 hours to find articles and such from years ago (some about 3 years). They were minor comments that weren't thrown across every gaming site's front page or anything like that.

Yea I’m not inclined to believe random stuff on a forum or site. Unless it comes from Activision, IW, 3arc, or any of their employees.

-

Activision cannot be blamed for everything that has gone on this this issue and if 3arc (who have nothing to do with the issue between ATVI and IW so I don't really know why you mentioned them) was so "at odds" with them I have a feeling they wouldn't have kept them around as long as they have.