Last Man Standing?

I think there should be some kind of 1 life per round game mode type, where everyone gets one life, when you die you watch your team finish the round... Like the old days of Ghost Recon... forces people to be team mates. When you die, you can only talk to other dead people.  iI know this could be done in custom games, but why not a playlist?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

All these game types where you just die and mash X to quickly get back into game doesn't force you to be very careful, you can just run out and suicide run to take out a vehicle or something, then just mash X to get right back in the fight.

F.E.A.R. had this gametype it was called Elimination.  It was the least played gametype.  It's just boring. And if someone spawns with a rocket launcher, there's not much you can do.

If you have any skill to stay alive its not so boring, when you only have one life per round, staying alive can be very intense. As far as one guy with a rocket launcher... really?   You cant beat a guy with a rocket launcher ever? One Binary shot, or Sniper shot to the head, or maybe a sneaky assasination.  This would be a game type for people with skill obviously. I truly miss the days of Live being a place for team play, not just a bunch of lone wolves. The off chance sometimes that your the last guy alive against three and you take em all out... quite gratifying.

Halo 1 had Elimination to, as did 007: Nightfire. H1 even had a variant where everyone is in Camo :P

"As far as one guy with a rocket launcher... really?   You cant beat a guy with a rocket launcher ever? One Binary shot, or Sniper shot to the head, or maybe a sneaky assasination.  This would be a game type for people with skill obviously".

... Lol. You want to call this gametype skillful and you offer the Binary Rifle and an Assassination? This gametype would be outrageously tedious and his point on the Rocket Launcher was well-made.

Would you appreciate the *** deaths you'd be certain to get?

I did that many times in F.E.A.R....taking out a whole team.  It's fun for a couple of matches but just wasn't as fun to me as a normal match.  So skill has nothing to do with it.  And if you die, you could be sitting there for 5 minutes.  No thanks.

And speaking of those that spawn in and immediately take down a vehicle...trading his life to bring down a vehicle...those are the ones you want on your team!  I am a lone wolfer with a 1.25 k/d ratio...so I help the team in this way.  But suuure it would be nice if someone followed me once in a while ;)

I personally wouldn't play it, but I guess people like those modes. I wouldn't be able to stand crouch walking everywhere.

Yep.

It would be skillful once in about a hundred games. Otherwise it would just be corner camping, being shot in the back.... whatnot.

yeah, campers would rule that gametype, the closesst you have is last stand on dominion, when you no longer have any bases and you get overshield

My first thought was Infection but you'd only want one life per round? This kind of game mode would lose interest and population. Fast.