Laser Burned disk question.

Well my black ops 2 was encountering some loading problems like it would randomly say the disk was unreadable and sometimes my gun would just not show up. But anyway i took it to my local game store (Gamers) and they said that they couldnt do anything about it because the disk was actually laser burned.  They also told me that Xbox would replace my disk is this the case and how do i start this process?  My disk has participated in a few all nighters in its time so could that be it?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 106 Applies to:

Hello NoticedPie13, he Xbox 360 console is not strong enough to laser burn disk. It may be possible to have the games fixed though by taking them to a games store and having them buffered using a special disc repair machine. Hope they refund your game as laser burned disk cannot be done by the xbox 360

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just to point out a little more info in what the previous poster has stated.  The term 'laser burn' is a bit of a misnomer.  As stated, the laser isn't powerful enough to burn the disc.  What actually happens is that the disc physically comes into contact with the laser diode. It is the diode that damages the disc, not the laser.

Only two things can cause this, either the console was disturbed while reading the disc or there is a fault with your consoles DVD drive.  If other games also start to get scratches you may need to set up a repair.

If the store you took the disc to can't fix it, take to someone else.  They should put the disc through one of their disc cleaners.  If that doesn't work, you'll have to buy it again.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you Obseeive Power.  I now understand 'laser burn' better and i will be taking it into a store later tonight to see what they can do.

-NoticedPie13

Sorry this didn't help.