Language of games bought on Live Marketplace

Hi there

I live in Holland but don't really speak Dutch (no need for patronizing comments on why I should learn the language)

My Xbox is set to Netherlands with English language.. which works fine for the menus

When I buy the game on the Marketplace, some of them appear in English automatically (e.g. Mirror's Edge), some in Dutch (e.g. Need For Speed Run). There is no way to change the language in the game itself. Also description of the game states that the game is available in English, Dutch and a number of other languages but does not say which will be the default one.

So the questions:

1. Is it possible to make Xbox download the games in English?

2. If not, is there a way to know in advance what language the game is going to be?

Thanks

JZ

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

nope nope

to both

multiple language support is rare and cant be expected as content laws differs as per region

content is only garenteed in the nationally supportted offical languages

now if you are talking about xbox.com you are probably reading the wrong description and probably reading the us marketplace description

if it is supported it will be in the ingame menu but I rarely seen that

for that kinda stuff you need to talk to the publisher supportin this case EA Games since it is an ingame issue 

to 2nd question generally a game will say De or En etc for the specific language it supports

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Nah, it actually says that when I navigate to the game on Marketplace on my console. Which I find a little misleading - if I cannot download it in English in my country, then just don't mention that it is available in English..

But anyway, thanks for response - clear.. though a little surprising..

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.