LAN Data Usage Monitoring

Hi all Since GTA V online has been released my data usage has spiked to the point that it has doubled from last month. To be honest I am not surprised by this, but I want to test how much data my xbox is actually using aside from the other devices connected to my network. The only way that I can think of acomplishing such a thing external to the xbox itself is some sort of hardware, like a LAN adapter that splits a LAN cable and sends the raw data usage to a device, if these actually exist? I don't know. Another alternative that I can think of is something like a Firewall server that can monitor the data usage from the xbox through it's known internal IP. To my knowledge there are no ways to monitor the usage through software alone whether it is on the xbox or on a PC that is also on the network. Can anyone help me to figure out what the best way of monitoring the data usage through a LAN is? Also if anyone knows if the LAN adapter that i mentioned earlier, actually exists can you post a link to some infomation about it? Thanks for any infomation that you can provide, if you need any additional infomation just post it below and i will try and post a reply as soon as possible. Kind Regards Haybale100

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 97 Applies to:

Hi Haybale,

Actual data usage of Xbox Live generally tends to be low (though I haven't checked mine on GTA V online) unless your downloading games or streaming videos.

I use the NetLimiter software to monitor my traffic. I've also heard that Networx is a good site for that.

Also, if your ISP places limits on your data usage, go check on your ISP website. Usually if they limit you, there should be a tool to check how many mb/gb your are using.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.