Lag/Rubberbanding/Random Disconnects

I got my Limited Edition on midnight release night and got home with it and my gf and I both experienced major rubberbanding issues immediately in mulitiplayer. I have a steady 10 Mbps connection and both of our xbox 360 slims are wired. I initially wrote the issue off to it being brand new and everyone being online. I started checking with all of my friends and apparently some of them had no problems or issues at all. I have tried only playing on one xbox 360 thinking that for some reason (with only this game) the issue was caused because my gf and I were playing gears at the same time and it was putting a strain on my connection?? Yeah that didn't make any difference at all. I don't see a whole lot of lag except for when the rubberbanding happens. I will be running/walking in any direction and all of a sudden my character jumps 4 or 5 steps back. It makes it impossible to shoot anyone or do anything really for that matter. I can't even use steps lol. So that was the first night.

Yesterday, I was experiencing the same rubberbanding issues only now my gf and I are getting disconnected at the end of every single match. We somehow make it through the match without rage quitting and throwing our boxes outside and then at the end where the loading screen comes up, it freezes. The little tip things still change but it just leaves us there in the loading screen. We even tried waiting for over 10 minutes to make sure it wasn't just taking a while on several different occasions and it still stayed frozen. We end up having to dashboard out and then we come back and get the penalty to quitting even though we finished the entire match.

It's getting very frustrating to say the least. I've tried to join the forums on Epics site but after registering and going through the activation, I for some reason am still not able to post anything to the gears of war 3 technical issues board. So, I'm posting here in hopes that someone has some kind of news on this other than telling me my connection is broken, my xbox is broken, etc. Any suggestions?? Please tell me I'm not alone on this...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh and I would like to add that even though my experience has not been very fun so far, I'm loving the game. I don't want anyone thinking that I'm just trolling or anything. The graphics and the new story line are great. I'm probably going to just work on the campaign until epic gets this sorted out.

Nat is not restricted?  I haven't had any significant lag problems (By that I mean while playing 4 player co-op online get a few little jumps in cut scenes)  But I have been in the thick of it tons of crap going on and no lag.  8-/  sorry buddy.  I have a 25mb/sec connection using wireless probably get 10 on my box but doesn't seem like it while downloading tho I never lag on games.

I knew I left something out lol. Yes, my NAT is open. I've never had issues with either of the two slim  360s we are using. They have been checked and the setting have been checked. Just doesn't make any sense. I can't find much online about the rubberbanding issue either. Only the random disconnects. It doesn't seem like regular lag, I play fine for the 3 or 4 seconds up until it pulls me back in time :p

I think Epic behind the scenes it limiting their dedicated servers to some of the community and not all the community at the same time.  Maybe it would be cost prohibitive for over 100,000 plus players I don't know.  Since there is NO way to check and verify if your on a dedicated server or not they can get away with this if they wanted to.  I am sure it is about $ dollars saved.   It seems to be hit or miss cause I  can tell when game is balanced with no lag and when game is not balanced and shots don't register.  I could be entirely wrong, but it makes me question.  

I've read some other posts that were similar in nature MizZoorA, but I'm not sure how much stock I can give that idea. I am leaning more towards it probably has something to do with the game just hitting this week. There seems to be several, totally different issues that people are having. In my case, my bullets are making contact. There just seems to be a bit of lag in movement and therefore when I shoot, it's at the wrong time. In other words, I roll towards and enemy and fire when it appears that I'm in front of them, however the rubberbanding happens and it turns out I was nowhere near the enemy when I fired.

i would help but its not my job plus not gonna get payed for this so yea

Oh I'm sorry you must have clicked on this thread by mistake and accidentally posted your douche reply.  Must have woke up on the wrong side of no one this morning.  It's ok son your father will stop coming home drunk and kicking your @@@ one day.  Keep your worthless replies to yourself.

whew! you had me worried with this thread for a minute... so you've got lag, ah

this is not rubberbanding

It's possible that I mistakenly called it rubberbanding when it's not. However, I thought rubberbanding was when you appeared to be going in one direction, then you are pulled to some other place on the map. Please advise if I'm wrong. The lag honestly seems minimal. It IS difficult to tell the difference at times when I'm in a match no doubt.

yeah, rubberbanding is a "feature" they use in games like the older lego games, where if you're playing co-op, and the two players get far away from each other, it'll "warp" the other player closer, or won't let the lead player go ahead any farther. basically keeping the two players near each other (as if they were tied together with a rubberband)... annoying.

i thought you meant that gears now had rubberbanding built in to the co-op to keep players in the same area... that would've been a big BOOOO! ;)