Lagging out of parties and games but not getting disconnected from xbox live

i have a wired connection to my xbox and another wired connection for my computer through my technicolor tg582n router.  When i am on xbox live i can be in a party and i play f1 2011 online and i don't lag out normally.  When i am in a party or online game and someone is on my pc uploading photos to facebook or something i get disconnected from the party i was in and a second later it rejoins the party and it also disconnects me from the online game that i am in, i can rejoin the game straight away. so apart using common sense and telling the person on the computer to not use it i want to find out if there is any other solution

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Enabling QoS with your router this can improve live play

www.dd-wrt.com/.../Configuring_for_Xbox_360

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i am using this router and i cant find qos

techietools.co.uk/.../TG582n

it illistrates the routers interface

Sorry this didn't help.

It is definitely one of the connections of someone in the party. I have a friend that every time he joins our party, he drops out, or others drop out when he hosts the party. If you've narrowed it down to yourself having the connection issue, then I'd recommend troubleshooting the network you have at home. The QoS suggestion is a good one. Also, make sure you're using an unrestricted NAT, and that the ports associated with Xbox Live aren't being restricted. How fast of a connection are you using? Is there a possibility of getting a faster connection? I ask because I have 30Mb down/5Mb up, and never have issues like this, even when others in my home are streaming HD video. My friend who has issues has a 3Mb down/256Kb up connection, and he has issues when others at his home do simple thinks like uploading photos. My overall suggestion is to troubleshoot the connection first, and then consider upgrading the connection if the troubleshooting fails to improve things.

Sorry this didn't help.