Lag Comp explained....

www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ZoFnIckyoxg

Found this on the activision forums.

This gave me alot of peace of mind, understanding and acceptance.

I hope this eases your frustrations, i know it helped mine..........

Discussion Info

Last updated November 21, 2018 Views 151 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I can't hear anything.

I don't need to watch a video to know what goes on on my screen. I see someone, I drop dead without time to react. Even if I can react, I unload a full clip into them to have them casually pick their nose, turn and look around, notice the butterflies, ask for a hotdog and cola from mom, THEN shoot me and kill me.

and other times, rarely, rare as a summer rain in the Sahara, and a rainbow under which pixies prance....  I'LL be the one with that connection. Then I can't die no matter what I do.

so why a video would set my mind at ease, when I can put in MW2 and *** face, then put in BO2 and just get molested like I'm the only one playing hardcore while everyone else is running juggernog is beyond me.

Theres a thing called *volume*, adjusting the bar to the right or up will net you better results.

If you cannot hear or understand something it obviously wont set your mind at ease.

This video clearly tells why we have a different experience with this title than the last ones, insta death ect.

Now i have a foundation to see where my frustrations are comming from, and in turn, sets my mind at ease.

Your the first person ive seen to comment poorly, on over 100 replys on both the utube and activision sites, on a well explained and insightfull video regarding one of the most popular topics that describes what is happening correctly and presicely with time and unbiased consideration and effort. from the 1000's of stupid

"i did this but the host sees this"  lag videos.

Congratulations.

What's strange about it all is he's says its the most fair version, yet he thinks its the worst. And he says that the difference in one player thinking its bad while others think its fine is the result of the player seeing it as good are just better players.

Thats a bit contradictory since he says its the worst ..... wtf?

It's got closed captioning, you don't even need  volume to follow it. The video obviously took a lot of time and thought to put together, but it doesn't make me feel any better about lag compensation. I get host a lot, it sucks. I normally play much better with 3 bars than 4. It shouldn't be that way.

Interesting. That's all io can say, really. And yes, I watched the 20 minutes of it.

ok... anyone else think the whole "lag comp" is just an excuse for this guy to work on his "sexy voice" for 20 minutes?  are chics watching this? sorry, while i appreciate the material its hard for me to watch this and not think this guy is trying to get l**d

Whilst I found some of the info interesting and even undestandable, his voice was far too monotone to remain interestign and understanding,.... my boss woke me up after 7 minutes due to the snoring being to loud.

-

Joking aside, the guy clearly knows his stuff and he really ought to send the data and his findings to Treyarch - I'd like to think they would use for something useful as he clearly spent a lot of time compiling the info.

-

Annual franchises should take note of such people that actually look into the issues rather than just post something like

"3ARC you suck - your game is broke - fix it", which is about as much help as a kick in the b**** on your wedding night.

I'm on a cell phone. Max volume, no captioning. So yeah its too low to hear.

I also don't think this is a difficult concept to understand.  

it's like someone explaining "well SMGs and shotguns are for close quarters.... which is 90% of this game! So they aren't OP! " that doesn't make me feel any better about the map designs and the inherent problems it brings.

I've spent about 10 days compiling data too. Through gameplay.  Lag comp makes things terrible all there is to it. I shouldn't need to do the devs job for them. Complaints should be enough for them to investigate on their own time.

it's a good video, but i could not watch it all his voice really does ruin it.  i find myself dying more in BO2 when i run around a corner than any other game due to lag comp. i still find it funny the idea that Activision proposed - disabling all firewalls on my router and security nets.

You should get your ears check, Khrono. Not trolling - that ***'s serious.