Lag after 7 years.

What gives for this subpar excuse for a modern FPS? They've been making the same game(engine) for 7 years. Why can't they get the connection part right? MW2 had a patch not long after release that gave EXCELLENT connections. COD4 has EXCELLENT connections. MW3 has bogus garbage connections. What's the deal? You'd think after perfecting the formula twice to three times they could get this part right. 7 years the same game, the same P2P connection, and new garbage,. Someone enlighten me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

lol..

IDK .... my connection is way better than it was in BO, and just as good as MW2.

Was this game supposed to include a new version of the internet or something?. I never heard anything about that.

They are using code for lag compensation.  Read up on it.  The game tries to rewind the events and put they back in order based off ping.  If you have a really good connection the code increases your lag to level you out with the other players with poor connections.  IMO the system is a POS and I have slow my connection down in order to get a game where I'm not a full second behind everyone else.  That's what I get for having a 50MB down and 5UP with a 15ms ping.

LAG compensation.  It's the biggest BS thing I've ever seen.  If you have good internet, YOU ARE SCREWED.  Bad internet and you are rewarded.  

It should be illegal, honestly.  I can't believe I bought this terrible game and on top of that paid $50 for that elite garbage.  

You're an idiot.

it is pretty ironic that the developers of the biggest online MP game cant seem to get the net code part of the game right for the most part skill has not been part of the game since MW2 in 9 out of 10 head to head battles it comes down to who has a better connection to the host.

if you care at all about your stats this game will not be fun at all, but if you just want to have a good time and have a good time with some friends online and dont give 2 cents about KDR or stats then it is still a really fun game. Spec ops with a buddy is way more fun then the MP at this point.

Yeah activision needs to become the host.  Its not like we have not given them enough money to do so

yeah, I have 30MB up and 30 MB down, and I have a crap connection more times than not. Lag has never been a problem in MW2 or BLOPS, but it almost makes MW3 unplayable... Tough to play well when you need more than an entire AR clip to kill someone in the back

Just find a way to slow your connection down where you are not host. It's the only solution I've been able to use until something else is addressed on the developers side.

If you want a lag free game, then don't play over the internet, play it on a LAN, simples.

I do not usually get beaten by skill, I get beat by an internet connection.  Some games I own in, the next I am killed by wafters not even looking at me. 'Lag' makes a total mockery of ranked leaderboards. I can't see how lag over the internet can be overcome anyway given the geographical distance between host and clients. I think games developers should be more upfront about how their multiplayer 'engines' have been developed and what they can and can't do.  Could be like food packaging where they declare the ingredients on the back!