Lack of 911s?

Can we get around the license issues with Porsche by using the FM3 cars instead?  I understand certain cars can be transferred from FM3, so why not our old cars?  I had a lovely brood of "porkers" (Cayman and GT3's) over 3 classes and no racing game is complete without the 911 in one form or other IMHO.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Can't be done.

they got round it in the old gran turismo games by just renaming the cars,why didn`t they just do that?

i bet somewhere down the line there will be a porsche dlc pack for a daft amount of money.

RUF is Porsche basically. Just highly tuned.

[quote user="MarkSimpson UK"]

Can we get around the license issues with Porsche by using the FM3 cars instead?  I understand certain cars can be transferred from FM3, so why not our old cars?  I had a lovely brood of "porkers" (Cayman and GT3's) over 3 classes and no racing game is complete without the 911 in one form or other IMHO.

[/quote]you kinda solved your own dilemma with this saying. The RUF in the game IS a porsche 911. its the equvalent of a sheby GT500. but its about time RUF got into another game other than GT though, since they had some VERY extreme cars

What was the japanese HWY racing game?

Anyway, they solved this problem by just naming the cars after the engine code in the car. :P  

PS: Porsche isn't the problem, it's EA who owns the rights to their name wanting way too much.  Which is why the GT series just said "to heck with you" when they gave their offering price.

As for Porsche themselves, they claim to sell cars, and don't care about videogames.  Kind of myopic if you ask me, but whatever.

[quote user="MarkSimpson UK"]

[/quote]

A license is a license, if you could import Porsches from FM3 into FM4 that would be a violation of such said license.  Blame EA for this fiasco, Turn 10 repeatedly asked EA if they could come to an agreement to use the Porsche license but EA declined their request.  EA is always hogging licenses and they never do anything truly creative with them. 

What does EA have to do with it. Turn10 is a Microsoft owned company, and Forza is a MGS published title. EA doesn't possess any deal with Porche to only allow EA titles to have Porches, so where are you coming from with this exactly? Or is it just blind EA Hate without any real backing?

[quote user="Ranma01"]

What does EA have to do with it. Turn10 is a Microsoft owned company, and Forza is a MGS published title. EA doesn't possess any deal with Porche to only allow EA titles to have Porches, so where are you coming from with this exactly? Or is it just blind EA Hate without any real backing?

[/quote]

Actually it's as simple as knowing the facts.

http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/25/porsche-blocked-from-forza-motorsport-4-by-ea-deal/

Thank you.

Hmm. I was unaware of that, which is why I asked. Though blame is equally Porches for giving out an exclusive liscense to anyone.

Not that I really care. While technically sound vehicles, in general I find Porches lacking in any sort of appeal.