la noire why 3 discs?

can someone tell me why there are 3 discs?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 252 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

because the game has too much data for 1 dvd

ok perfect thank you very much...so when Im done with the 1st disc will it tell me? sorry to be a noob but thank you for your help

your fine thats what the forums are for and yes it will ask you to insert Disk 2

ok tight....thanks again...hit me up on live sometime..

I think the main reason was because there are so many different dialogue outcomes based on what can you say and how NPCs respond to that.  And the MotionScan software takes up a lot of data hence why it can't all fit on one disc.  Rockstar claims that the game was originally going to ship on 6 discs until they started cutting content!

"Blu ray is not needed " lol

Yeah, it's the motion scan.  My concern is that if it took that much space... how will we be able to fully utilize it in the future without sacrificing in the graphics department?  Will games eventually need to use 3 BLU-RAY DISKS?

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

"Blu ray is not needed " lol

[/quote]

It's not needed. It would certainly help but it isn't a need. People can change discs. It isn't a problem. As long as the game is there is all that matters.

originally it was supposed to be 6 discs for us but they cut it down to 3.

To hear they even went over a blu-ray disc at one stage is very impressive. o.o That facet alone has now sold this game to me.