LA Noire, in relation to Grand Theft Auto 4?

GTA 4 has approximately 94 missions, how many does LA Noire have, and is it worth buying tomorrow?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

From what I remember it doesnt have that many missions. LA Noire is great visually but falls flat in terms of story. If you are getting it for 20 bucks, go for it. Any higher Id wait a little while longer.

The game is good but but not so full of missions like GTA4. The only thing they have in common is the Rockstar title.

For how much. There is almost literally no replay value and free-roam is null. This doesn't mean its a bad game, and I play it from time to time trying to get 100% accuracy without using a guide. It is just very linear and to the point. There are "side missions". They're street crimes that you respond to on the radio and consist of going to a bank and stopping robbers and car chases. Bottom Line: LA Noire is a very serious story game and it is amazing, but it is literally nothing like GTA 4.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]

LA Noire is great visually but falls flat in terms of story.

[/quote]I disagree. I think it has one of the greatest stories in gaming history. Everything in this game is completely realistic and believable. I am not sure how it can fall flat on story.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

I disagree. I think it has one of the greatest stories in gaming history. Everything in this game is completely realistic and believable. I am not sure how it can fall flat on story.

[/quote]It had one of the most anticlimactic endings I've ever seen in a game.

The thoughts on the ending very from person to person vary. I loved the ending. It's a noire, and offered a grim view on reality.

I think I can get it for £20 English, about $40 Americanish

If you feel that is the right price for a lengthy, interesting, serious story with little things to do on the side.

I'll see how frivilous I'm feeling tomorrow lol

Also, there is not as much gun play as you may think, and I think that most of the gun play was lackluster. I did enjoy investigating and solving cases as well as driving. I actually think you would enjoy a game called The Saboteur. Read all of the comments, they say the review is a bad representation of the game. I think it deserved a 9. Lot's of stuff to do in this game. The best thing about it is throwing na.zis off of 20 story tall sniper towers and hearing them scream all the way down.

-

OT: they really have to unblock the word N.azis considering there are games that use them as the main enemy.