L.A. Noire help!

I have just picked up L.A. Noire for £17 and I am ready to smash it or give it away all ready!

I am sat at a desk talking to a man and I look in my hand book and I got to choose a question to ask him, sounds simple? No. I've gone through nearly the whole book and I am wrong each time! Then to make it worse I got to start the mission all over again! Can anyone help on what to do as this is really annoying me!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

As far as each question goes, I believe you have to have done the actual legwork, and found the appropriate evidence associated with that question in order for it to be correct. Even if it turns out to be correct in the end... If you don't have the evidence to back that question up, it's not correct. I may be wrong, as this is just from memory. I got through the first disc pretty easily, and realized the game wasn't holding my attention too well, as I was playing it with no real enthusiasm. That's pretty much how it's gone with every Rockstar game I've ever played.

Ok, I seem to have done it now by pressing doubt and not lie. I don't think the game is that clear so far. Hopefully I should get used to it. Thanks.

[quote user="Connor net"]

Ok, I seem to have done it now by pressing doubt and not lie. I don't think the game is that clear so far. Hopefully I should get used to it. Thanks.

[/quote]

That goes back to what I said... I think. When you opt for lie (over doubt), it means you don't have the actual proof that it is in fact a lie. That in turn means you haven't actually found the proper piece of evidence associated with that part of the interrogation. By picking doubt, it means you doubt what he/she is saying without having proof.

Use that thing between your ears.

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

Use that thing between your ears.

[/quote]His face?

Exactly!

yeah, that first interrogation, you have to choose the correct course of action or it will start you over. the rest of the game makes you live with your sloppy mistakes. however with a little trial and error, it isnt that hard.--if they are making a funny face, they are either lying or withholding a little info. choose doubt unless you have actual evidence at your disposal. other than the funny faces, assume they are telling the truth. there is that chance you havent found the clues yet to support accusing someone of lying.--in which case, you can't avoid a wrong answer.

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

yeah, that first interrogation, you have to choose the correct course of action or it will start you over. the rest of the game makes you live with your sloppy mistakes. however with a little trial and error, it isnt that hard.--if they are making a funny face, they are either lying or withholding a little info. choose doubt unless you have actual evidence at your disposal. other than the funny faces, assume they are telling the truth. there is that chance you havent found the clues yet to support accusing someone of lying.--in which case, you can't avoid a wrong answer.

[/quote]

That's what I said (said in my best Eric Cartman voice)... But yeah, I forgot about that first "practice" interrogation.