Krogan Vanguard (BattleMaster)

After running some pubs with some decent teammates for once, i decided to give this a guy a test-drive in the Melee Department, with atleast 1 point in Defense.

This guy is alot of fun on Silver, as with the Melee Bonus and Rage, you can essentially murder a whole room of anything that isn't a Pyro or Prime. Not to mention that this guy is the only character that can go toe-to-toe with a Prime on Silver.

Gold is another matter altogether....

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No joke I've unlocked every character, some extra customization options for them, and some weapons, all except for the Krogan vanguard. Very upsetting.

What little I've seen of gold has taught me that Krogans suck wind on gold....

I do quite well with them on silver (and I'm not exactly a highly skilled player,although I'm solid enough IMO)

He is definitely fun to play with, tho I haven't tried him on gold. I usually load him up with the Striker Assualt Rifle and Geth SMG, SICK! Very fun, especially when me and my buds play with 4 of them, hilarious.

This was the character that I was the least excited about, of course it was the first one that I unlocked, he's alot of fun and better than the other Krogan characters, in my opinion, I love the "Stop Whining!" dialogue when he's reviving someone, especially when it's a Geth character who responds with "Assistance Acknowledged", excellent...:-)

The krogan vanguard was the character I was most excited about, but after using all the classes, he's the one I'm most disappointed in.

I mean, you think, Vanguards charging ability to get right in the enemies face, and then, the brute force of the krogan, how can you go wrong with that???

Well something about him just doesn't sit right with me. There's a couple nip picks that i don't like.

One thing I did notice right off the bat, it feels like he's slower than the other krogan, like it feels like his regular walking speed is slightly slower. Maybe because of all that extra gear he has on.

Yea, he's a tank alright, and he moves like too. lol

His biotic charging ability is slower too. Like when he charges someone, it takes longer to reach the target than the other races. Having to move all that damn mass. And for that reason, his charing ability recharges slower also.

I don't really mind that stuff, but the fact that he moves slower than everyone else and can't roll or dodge, I can't get out of harms way quick enough when using him, unless I charge, and sometimes..........charging wouldn't be a great idea.

And I don't like the heavy melee of krogans either. I find myself, always moving right past the enemy when he rushes, and then having to turn around and try again, and there were times I'd miss again and end up taking mad damage because of it. *facepalm*.

And he's SO BIG(no homo)!!! I see myself taking more fire from using this guy. He's bigger than the regular krogan. Which would explain his slow moving speed. I know his hit detection box must be friggin huge. It feels like any bullet that comes anywhere near my direction get sucked to me like a magnet.

The dude is so big, that when you play with him, you may notice that the camera has been pulled further back so he won't take up half your TV screen.

But the one thing that really made me not like this particular krogan is the fact that he's SO BIG, that there were times where I was still taking fire while behind cover because parts of my body were higher than the cover I was standing behind.

I'm just not a fan of the krogans at all. I'd rather use the human vanguard. If only the human vanguard had barrier instead of shockwave.

But I understand why they had to make him slower, because he had the charging ability. Had to make it balance out I guess. And for that reason, I will not play with this character............EVER.

He walks slow, but he sprints pretty fast, I actually have the opposite problem with the other Krogan characters, they're too small, in my opinion, they're the same size as the other characters which make them look like tank babies, I think the feel of this one is more what I imagined playing as a Krogan should be, I laugh everytime I play as the Battlemaster, he looks like this enormous "thumb" on your screen...:-)

KBM is one of the best characters in the game and a vanguard who's completely viable on Gold. Win/Win.

[quote user="Pyth the Bull"]

KBM is one of the best characters in the game and a vanguard who's completely viable on Gold. Win/Win.

[/quote]

What's a decent build for him?

I'm currently going 6/6/06/6, ignoring carnage.   Not sure what I think yet.

[quote user="Dre G Writer"]

The krogan vanguard was the character I was most excited about, but after using all the classes, he's the one I'm most disappointed in.

I mean, you think, Vanguards charging ability to get right in the enemies face, and then, the brute force of the krogan, how can you go wrong with that???

Well something about him just doesn't sit right with me. There's a couple nip picks that i don't like.

One thing I did notice right off the bat, it feels like he's slower than the other krogan, like it feels like his regular walking speed is slightly slower. Maybe because of all that extra gear he has on.

Yea, he's a tank alright, and he moves like too. lol

His biotic charging ability is slower too. Like when he charges someone, it takes longer to reach the target than the other races. Having to move all that damn mass. And for that reason, his charing ability recharges slower also.

I don't really mind that stuff, but the fact that he moves slower than everyone else and can't roll or dodge, I can't get out of harms way quick enough when using him, unless I charge, and sometimes..........charging wouldn't be a great idea.

And I don't like the heavy melee of krogans either. I find myself, always moving right past the enemy when he rushes, and then having to turn around and try again, and there were times I'd miss again and end up taking mad damage because of it. *facepalm*.

And he's SO BIG(no homo)!!! I see myself taking more fire from using this guy. He's bigger than the regular krogan. Which would explain his slow moving speed. I know his hit detection box must be friggin huge. It feels like any bullet that comes anywhere near my direction get sucked to me like a magnet.

The dude is so big, that when you play with him, you may notice that the camera has been pulled further back so he won't take up half your TV screen.

But the one thing that really made me not like this particular krogan is the fact that he's SO BIG, that there were times where I was still taking fire while behind cover because parts of my body were higher than the cover I was standing behind.

I'm just not a fan of the krogans at all. I'd rather use the human vanguard. If only the human vanguard had barrier instead of shockwave.

But I understand why they had to make him slower, because he had the charging ability. Had to make it balance out I guess. And for that reason, I will not play with this character............EVER.

[/quote]

So let me understand.

You hate the Krogan Battlemaster because he's big and slow?

Maybe I'm stating the obvious, but what did you expect?  I never got the impression from watching Wrex and Grunt in battle in the SP campaigns that Krogans were quick and nimble. 

The Krogan Battlemaster that you encounter on Therum as you're trying to escape with Liara displays the same walk/jog as he approaches you to "Hand over the Asari", I give BioWare thumbs up on this one, may even rename mine "The Thumb"...:-)