Klencory planet in ME1 & the ME3 Ending (SPOILERS)

Just saw this, thought people might want to check it out. So, does this put a dent in the indoctrination theory or strengthen it?

LINK

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It was on Kotaku today too.

Vindication at last. Glad I'm not the only one to have thought that, though I was saying it back when Mass Effect 1 was out.

I never saw this. This is really really cool. It must be planned, it has too be! You don't write great stories and then get to the end and think, now what? I hope... This whole ending situation gets more and more complicated by the day.. Confused.com!!!

I forgot about this! I remember voteDC talking about it in the ME2 forums. It certainly makes things a little more complicated. I wonder why no one said anything earlier...

Hmm. To me it seems more like there were Prothean Beacons there, not stupid AI star children

Funny, the Beings of Light were the first explanation that popped into my head when Light Boy told Shepard to get up.

It would have been nice if they capitalized on that.

I'll say one thing, this has me doing something I've never done in 5 years of playing Mass Effect: reading planet descriptions.

It's an interesting idea, but I wonder why they didn't tie it in to the ending (at least, more than just a 'Light Child').

It also begs the following questions:

Who or what created these beings in the first place?

Why protect organic life from synthetics at all and why does it matter?

I don't think we'll ever get an answer, but as far as the ending goes I thought it was all right, though some of it either doesn't make sense or I simply can't comprehend the reasoning behind it. I did like the cutscene at the end of the credits though, was sort of nice.

When this was posted on the Bioware forums, I saw a lot of people who were "star child" skeptics still trying to argue that they didn't buy it, that he was introduced without precedent.  It's almost like they didn't want anything to get in the way of their perfect hatred for the ending.  People need to get out more, get a little sun, buy an ice cream.