Kingdoms of Amalur Question

I know this could go in its respective forum but after checking it out over there no one seems to be asking the type of question I am and it doesn't seem quite as active.  So please forgive me if I strike a few nerves >.<

------

I have been trying for 17 levels now to figure out how I want to play a pure Finesse character and after alot of trial and error I FINALLY figure out how I wanted to build my character.  The issue though is that I can't quite figure out if certain abilities are good to put points into fully or if I should stick to 1, 2 or 3 points.  The abilities I am referring to are Shadow Flare, Blade Honing, Inoculation (still not sure if I should bother with this one), Smoke Bomb and Poison Bomb.

------

I have spent a few hours browsing through various website forums via google to see if my question has been answered but alas google seems to be suffering from issues lately as anything I type in gives me info completely unrelated to what I search for.  I did however find a few websites with posts stating certain abilities are worth investing all points into where as some are best with just one.  Some even suggested going 2 or 3 points into certain abilities due to scaling or something.

------

I just need advice from others who could just let me know how many points I should invest into each ability I listed to get the most bang for my buck.  I need to know how many points to invest to where I am not wasting the points.  I'm not asking for people to play for me, I am just seeking constructive criticism and advice is all.  Thanks for your time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

In my opinion, shadowflare and smoke-bomb are a must!

I'm putting all my points into finesse, currently level 26, and smoke-bomb has saved my a** so many times. When you throw a smoke bomb you'll be undetected for a couple of seconds, allowing you to kill several enemies from stealth (backstab). Or just the one who's giving you the most trouble.

Poisoned enemies will give less and take more damage.

-

Shadowflare can be used basically all the time, costing very little mana every time. When fully upgraded it can deal a good amount of damage. Invest in it!

-

There are lots of fateweavers lurking around, so you'll always have the opportunity to re-invest your points if the current build aren't to your liking.

My character is a warrior but I find that in general, most abilities aren't worth using unless they're maxed out. So every time I leveled up, I chose one ability and put my points in to that. And you can max out any ability in 2 levels or less. And as was said, if you want to invest in something else instead, just find a fate weaver.

I have absolutely no idea, but I wish you luck in finding out : )

The best advise is change your destiny if you really don't like what you got . That way you can get a better idea . Save before changing your destiny and get the skill you want if you are not satisfied load  and repeat.

I know nothing about this game but see a lot of people playing it on here and on my friend list.

Is it good?

[quote user="Moshed Brotatoe"]

I know nothing about this game but see a lot of people playing it on here and on my friend list.

Is it good?

[/quote]If you're in to medieval fantasy RPG's, then yes. It's very good.

MB - is a RPG with tons of quest and a big map to explore. I didn't think was going to be so good based on the demo but the game turned to be one of the best RPGs   i played this year after Skyrim.