Kinect Worth It?

Hey guys. I've had a Xbox 360 for quite some time and love many of the things that it offers. With more and more focus on the Kinect, which I have never gotten a chance to try out, I figured I might as well pick one up. For those of you that have one how good is it overall? It looks like a great addition to the system. Also if I were to pick one up, what would you consider the must have titles? Thanks in advance for any input that you have to offer. :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I enjoy the Kinect from time to time, but I don't feel it's a MUST-HAVE addition by any means.  They are definitely working on improving what you can do with the sensor (what with additional games, and also the newly added Kinect Fun Labs).

That being said, there are still quite a few limitations with Kinect. Little things like lighting can make the difference between whether your sensor recognizes you or not. Also, the suggested 6-10 feet of play space isn't a suggestion as much as it is almost a rule. I have 8 feet between the edge of my couch and the wall my sensor is on. I can play many of the games like "Kinect Adventures" and "Kinect Sports", but games like "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" require more space than I have, so I miss out on those titles.

I also notice that the sensor often has trouble keeping up with me; meaning I react to a game, but it doesn't register IMMEDIATELY (which caused me a great deal of grief during "Wipeout: In The Zone").

All-in-all, the sensor is a decent feature that offers hours of fun and an active alternative to otherwise stationary gaming. The system isn't perfect, but hopefully as time goes on, MS will improve on it and make it better.

If you DO decide to pick up a Kinect sensor, I'd suggest games like "Kinect Adventures", "Kinect Sports" and "Wipeout: In The Zone"  which offer a lot of fun in small groups. For more solo fun or for just trying to stay active, you could try games like "Your Shape: Fitness Evolved" or "Fighters Uncaged". 

Rent it.

It's pretty good so far I think. I mean the technology at its core is quite impressive and I just recently bought one off my cousin. I've only played Kinect Adventures and that's a bit of fun. But yes, it's not a bad time to get one because more and more games are utilising Kinect - including FORZA 4 HEAD TRACKING which I can't wait for.

At that price no.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I'd buy it if it were on a rack with, and priced the same as all the other doorstops.

im gonna buy one now that its only the price of a game and a half.

dont worry about these negative people on the forum, they *** about anythign and everything.

Kinect is fun for social gatherings and stuff like that but its not something I see myself using right now.

[quote user="Law212"]

im gonna buy one now that its only the price of a game and a half.

dont worry about these negative people on the forum, they *** about anythign and everything.

[/quote]If I'm not mistaken, HE DID ask peoples opinion... Got my sister one and she doesnt hardly play it.....Better believe she is gonna atleast give me half back on what I paid for it.

Forget about the hardware and look at all the Kinect games first.  See if there's at least one or two you're interested in.

I love mine!  I work out using the Your Shape Fitness Evolved 'game' and have lost a ton of weight and feel great!  I just picked up UFC Trainer to try out too!  We have Kinnect adventures and the Kinnect fun labs is fun!  I want to get sports 2 and dance central 2 when they come out!