Kinect problems (especially with Killer Instinct...)

Hey.

Yesterday morning my friend and I bought a new Xbox One.
As our first game, we chose Killer Instinct. We tried to play together, but had a lot of problems... :/

While playing in single player, Xbox suddenly said the Player has changed (my friend was just eating something, sitting next to me...) and went back to the Start-screen. This happend about four times in an hour!... really annoying, because there is no way to tell the xbox, the player has NOT changed. So every time all progress was lost x__x

Another problem was in two player mode...

We both were logged in with our accounts, but after we started two player mode, sometimes we both had my friends name, sometimes it was just me or him who wasn't logged in anymore... once, it really worked, and we were both playing with our name,  yeah xD...

Also, kinect really often fails to recognize us. Often, it does not even see my friend as a person.
If he says "xbox go home" he often gets to my home, instead of his.

After all this we tried Kinect sport rivals. After maybe 30 minutes of readjusting kinect, we finally got it to work... nah... well it did not really worked well xD...

My friend had not so much problems. But kinect did not get my movements... so my jetski drove into walls all the time :/

Well all that wasn't fun at all...

We called the Xbox Support, they said, this should be a problem with kinect sensor, so we went back to where we bought our console, told them there was a problem and got a new one. This one was really not working, Kinect got no power. So we went back there another time and got a new Kinect.

But the new kinect has the same problems as the first had. So we asked ourselves... is this, how kinect really is? Is it not as good, as you can see in the promo-videos? Does it really work this bad? Or is our third kinect also not working...??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Hi,

i'm sharing the X1 with the whole family and had none of these problems.

At the time, we have downloaded the profiles on  the X1 and Kinect is recognizing the person of thes gamerprofile, only one person was in sight of the Kinect sensor.

We have done this with every person and had no fails yet.

Maybe you can reinstall your gamertags  and start the recognization from new.

Kinect is learning over the time so the recognization will be much more accurate the next time.

Gruß,
Oliver
Ist Eure Frage beantwortet, markiert es bitte.
http://wpgadgets.de

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmmm...

I just tried that, but it does not seem to work much better :/

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah its a problem with killer instinct a update is inbound to fix it but it only happens with that game mostly

Sorry this didn't help.