Kinect Price Point

I don't get it. 

I can get a brand new 4 gig system for 200 dollars.

I can get a brand new 4 gig system bundled with a kinect for 300 dollars.

That means that the kinect has a value of 100 dollars within the bundle.  AND YET, if you wanted to purchse the Kinect alone, it's actually 150 dollars.

Is there a price drop on the way?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

It's no different to offering a game for $60, or have it comes free (or at a vastly reduced cost) when you buy the console. 

A fast food store sells a burger at one price (we'll say $3), Fries for another price ($2), and a drink for yet another price($1.50).  That's a total of $6.50, but if you buy them as a meal, it costs $4.50.  Same principal applies here.

If you buy the console with Kinect bundled, they leave out the power supply ($35) and WiFi extension cable ($5), so that's $40 MSRP right there. Consider the other $10 the bundle savings.

It wouldn't be a good choice to buy the 4 GB console due to very small storage space. I am still using the 20 GB pro and I'm constantly having to delete to preserve space. So go for the 250 GB so you won't go through this.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="LOL AT UR SKILL"]

It wouldn't be a good choice to buy the 4 GB console due to very small storage space. I am still using the 20 GB pro and I'm constantly having to delete to preserve space. So go for the 250 GB so you won't go through this.

[/quote]I agree, and it's all relative really. I'm busting out of my 250GB HDD.

-Jim

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

It's no different to offering a game for $60, or have it comes free (or at a vastly reduced cost) when you buy the console. 

A fast food store sells a burger at one price (we'll say $3), Fries for another price ($2), and a drink for yet another price($1.50).  That's a total of $6.50, but if you buy them as a meal, it costs $4.50.  Same principal applies here.

[/quote]

What he said. This is all about marketing to enticle the average consumer to take the bait and get the bundle (which has a higher ROI)

It's called a special offer, it's not a new concept, they make things better value for money to entice you into buying them.

Last I checked Kinect is 99 dollars. That was at best buy maybe just a sale but its been like that for about 2 weeks

it makes plenty of sense, its called a "bundle" so there is typically a discount on some of its items.