Kinect for Mass effect 3

OK so I know that Kinect has already been announced in ME3 in regards of using voice commands which I think will be pretty cool. I was however thinking that it would be much cooler if they use the Kinect picture capabilities that were shown in the Xbox conference where you use the Kinect  to take a picture of yourself then use that picture to make your Avatar look just like you. I think that using this in the Shepard customization area will make things a heck of alot easier to make your Shepard look like you. I for one have never been satisfied at how my Shepard would look after I would tweak his facial appearance for hours and never get it right and would end up using a default Shep. What does everybody else think about using the Kinect in this way with ME3 or any other game for that matter??

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

I, for one, tried making my Shepard look like who I feel the character "should" look like, not a mirrored image of myself.  However, I can see how the Kinect could definitely make that easier, and more accurate...:-)

I don't think it would actually be as good as you think. I think your Shepard would look out of place compared to how all the other characters look.

or ending up being some hideous abomination. After all, look what they did to the lovely Yvonne Strahovski.

[quote user="Schuey19"]

I don't think it would actually be as good as you think. I think your Shepard would look out of place compared to how all the other characters look.

[/quote]

I think that would depend on how they would implement the Kinect capabilities into the customization. I wouldn't want my actual Avatar to be my Shepard but just to able to capture key facial features and integrate it into the game would be enough to satisfy me

I could see it happening with future games but I doubt it'd be in Mass Effect 3.

Simply because they can't change the character creator too much because of the need to keep imported Shepard's looking the same.

ya I know its not going to be in the game I just thought it was a cool idea