Kinect-Based XBLA Games Now Officially Unplayable While OFFLINE.

It appears as of the February XBOX LIVE Firmware Update, Kinect-Based XBLA Games are OFFICIALLY UNPLAYABLE while offline, even while using an offline profile.

-

If attempted, the user will simply experience an infinite PROFILE SIGN-IN loop, where they are repeatedly prompted to sign-in, then upon choosing a profile is returned to the main menu of the game, only to be asked to sign-in yet again upon upon hitting START GAME.

-

The reason I state "OFFICIALLY" unplayable, is that I then, disappointed and frustrated, went online with a Microsoft Customer Support Representative, in an attempt to possibly troubleshoot the issue or get a straight answer.

-

The representative then informed me officially that indeed Kinect-Based XBLA games are intended to be played using an ONLINE PROFILE and are no longer able to be played offline.

-

Image Link: http://i.imgur.com/6o4lo.png

-

This seems upsetting at the very least, not only because you should be able to play your purchased games regardless of internet connection status, but also because we were able to as of only a short time ago.

-

I will not be purchasing any more Xbox Live subscriptions, Xbox Live games, or possibly even any more Xbox 360 games at all as a result of this. I'm thoroughly frustrated and disappointed with my overall Xbox / Microsoft experience.

-

I can't seem to find anything in the terms of service regarding XBLA games only being permitted to be played while ONLINE, nor in the store previous to purchasing said games. Not only that but there isn't any type of notice given to the user regarding this, just simply an infinite Sign-In loop, leading the user to wonder if they're just plain doing something wrong.

-

This is downright rude and thoughtless to us as customers and I feel it should be at least addressed, if not outright fixed.

-

So, thoughts? Workarounds? Do your Kinect-Based XBLA games work while offline? I've read some users who are actually able to manage to get them to work OCCASIONALLY using the Kinect ID service, although it doesn't sound like a sure-fix. I'm just bummed out and pretty upset, wondered what everyone else thought. Anyway. Back to the PS3 once again. Sorry Microsoft. I had an Xbox360 first, but I'm quickly losing any semblance of respect or care for this frustration and finding myself on my Sony systems more and more. Hopefully you hear this and do something about it, and before more follow in suit.

-

Image Link to my chat with Microsoft Online Chat Support Representative: http://i.imgur.com/lr5aw.png

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to: