Kinect 2 - CH Requests Jumps to HD ChHs over SD Normal?

OK, so generally what's happening is I'm so used to viewing content that, on SD CHs some content will fill out the screen but not always.  So from this poit, I'm so used to just scrolling through SD Chs 1st because I only recently got an HD box on Wednesday, and I just find it a little odd that when using Kinect 2 if I ask it to go to a specific CH, if it has an HD CH it goes to that CH instead, rather than my specifically saying "---- "HD"".  Is this normal?  Kinda wish for future reference there could be that option to specifiy to Kinect 2 between them, SD and HD CHs, and/or tell it which CH you want by #.  Sometimes thie CHs list can get confusing as I have Digital Cable CHs as well as the HD 1s, Expanded Cable and Digital Tier CHs, which don't seem to have/specifiy whether or not they're HD.  So basically I just have a pretty big confusing list.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Hey EvilTwinGX, we always choose HD channels over SD as that is generally user preference.

PM on Groove Music, formerly worked on OneGuide, TV, and Game Streaming on Xbox One.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, tis gets to be a bit rattling sometimes because some of the CHs i haveare multiple kinda.... For instance, my primetime pack is HBO Chs, but then also on the digitals I belivee there are a few different Nick CHs for example, including an HD CH, so again this just seems atad incnvenientthat it's not taking into account the exact Ch you're asking for, rather than jumping to the very 1st HD CH, assuming it finds 1.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Eviltwin,

You can also change the setting to only show HD or SD channels in the OneGuide. Go to Settings> TV & OneGuide settings> OneGuide> Show all HD and SD channels. That will remove any duplicate channels.  

Sorry this didn't help.

I already have that option checked.  Again, the problem for me particularly is if I say a certain CH, no option to say the CH #, and if it has an HD CH it automatically pulls that 1 instead rather than me specifically saying that HD CH.  I don't mind much if I do get to watching something HD, but it's the fact that I didn't specify it particularly and it automatically picks it when avaiilable.

Sorry this didn't help.