Killer instinct

So I have killer instinct because it's free on Xbox live, I downloaded the ultra edition which was free as well. I've downloaded all the characters that come with it, but when I go to play the game it tells me this content has not been installed yet. I don't know what's going on, but it's rather driving me crazy lol

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I've also downloaded the combo breaker pack because it's free as well, thought maybe that would make it work. But still nothing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello SENSHI1990,

First off, I just want to make sure that you understand the Killer Instinct Ultra Edition which is part of the Games with Gold this month is only for KI Season 1. It should have unlocked all characters and several customizing skins for said characters. This download will not unlock the Season 2 characters.

Second, if you are talking specifically about Season 1 already (can't really tell by OP) then what I would suggest is to Quit the game and then relaunch. I experienced an issue where my download was not recognized at first, so I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it worked from then on.

Feel free to post back here if your issue still is not resolved!

~Blitz

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, that makes sense now. Being the version of killer instinct free on Xbox live is only season two, but all the free characters are for season one.  I wish the game wasn't created that way, I love the series but I can't afford to put that much money into it, luckily I still have killer instinct 2 with the rare replay game lol.

Sorry this didn't help.