Killer Instinct losing my game data after switching to another player.

Hey fellows, I would like to know if anyone has the same issue and to leave my request for a solutions as soon as possible.

I have three profiles on my console, and when I play KI with my two other folks we usually switch the controllers. One good thing is that Kinect automatically and very quickly recognizes which player is holding each controller. The problem is that sometimes when I pass my controller the game goes to the launch screen and suddenly all the arenas and other stuff that I bought with the in-game XP dissapears. Ok, that should be because the other player did not buy anything on his profile.But even when I get the controller back, after logging into my account again the content is still missing. It happend for the second time today...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey Blackbelt,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your Ki Store.

There are a couple of things I would check for this:

1. When you say that the content is missing, are you still showing it as locked in the Ki Store on your account?
  2. Have you tried customizing a character and don't see the content there?
  3. Are you 100% sure that you've signed back into your account? When you go to the home screen, does it show your stuff?

I would also recommend trying these steps:

• Uninstall the game
  • Turn off your console by holding the power button for ~5 seconds
  • Turn on your console
  • Reinstall the game

Please let us know the answer to those questions and how those steps work for you and we'll go from there.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply. Just answering your questions:

- yes I am pretty sure I signed back into my account

- Premium content is still there

- I had not bought anything to customize my characters, just the Arenas. When I lost my game data I mean that all Arenas had to be purchased again using KP, and all KP I had gained was lost. Additionally, I had completed all Dojo lessons and now they are showing as if I did not complete them.

Since now I was able to buy the Arenas again and the premium content is still there I don't think a full uninstall/install cycle would be necessary, I am just afraid that this happens again after I buy more content using in-game KP...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey BIackbelt,

It sounds like you might have switched players or signed out while the game was trying to auto-save and it corrupted your save.

If that data is gone, there's not a way we can retrieve it. I would recommend making sure that the auto-save icon is not on screen before you swap players. 

Sorry this didn't help.

That may be the issue. I actually hadn't noticed that switching the controls would make Kinect sign into the account of the other person holding the controller. I actually became aware of this feature while playing KI locally with my friends..

I'll take note of that when switching my controller.. But in my humble opinion Xbox One shouldn't allow to corrupt saves while switching controllers, there should be some "safety lock" that would wait for any auto-saving process to finish before signing into any other account.

Or, at least, the system should warn users of this possibility. When I start a new game I am prompted with a message asking for my not to TURN OFF or DISCONNECT my console while the auto-save icon is flashing, but nothing is mentioned regarding switching the controller!!

Sorry this didn't help.

Exact same thing happened to me last night when my friend was around. Annoyingly Kinect thought a change of sign in occurred when it hadn't, it just got confused because he was sitting next to me. All my progress lost although strangely my character customisation are still applied even though it shows them as locked and unable to buy! I've spent hours and hours unlocking character colours and building up my stats and now it's all gone! To say i'm annoyed is a understatement.

Can't help but feel Kinect is trying to be too clever. Like BIackbelt says, it shouldn't corrupt the save this happens!

The hole player profile switching on Xbox One is messed up. Forza is just as bad, you swap controllers and it won't do anything unless you give it back to the original player. At least it doesn't loose everything though!

Sorry this didn't help.

Me too lost all data and rank very aggravating 4 months of gameplay gone:(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there SuperiorLoki274,

As this thread is pretty old and the OP hasn't posted back in a while, I would suggest creating a new thread detailing what you're experiencing. That way we can cater our support specifically to you! Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.