Killer Instinct: Can't Find Any Ranked Matches

I've been searching for a Ranked Match in Killer Instinct throughout the day and have not been able to find anyone. Is this only for people on your friends list or does it search for anyone else looking for a match?

Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 292 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hey there Dunns,

Sorry to hear you're having issues finding a Killer Instinct Ranked Match.

It should be pairing you up with anyone else who is searching Ranked, not just with your friends list.

One thing I would recommend trying is to run a Network Connection test and a Multiplayer Connection test.

You may also want to try running a regular online match and see if you are still unable to find an opponent.

Please let us know and we'll work from there. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Rather than make a new thread asking the same question I thought I would post my issue here. I get the same issue as above and I know it isn't a connection issue as I have two other brothers that play ranked match's before I start playing. The moment they finish and I start to play I cannot find any match's, it's like there is nobody else only lol.

I have had this issue for 2 days, I have played 0 ranked match's due to not being able to find any. I am playing around by doing different things at the moment such as signing out and in, restarting the game etc. Should I find something that work I will be sure to post here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Dunns, I was having the same problem sporadically. You may want to check your network settings in the SETTINGS. Originally my NAT settings were set to STRICT, which will limit the amount of people that you can connect to in a game. Sometimes the issue pops up again and I exit out to the home screen and test the network and multiplayer connections. Once those both say they are good, I go back into killer instinct and it usually finds a match straight away. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am also having this same problem. It can't be my router because KI had no trouble finding matches before intill yesterday. And then also it will just randomly finally put me in a match. Battlefield 4 online also started doing this yesterday too. It tells me I can not connect to the EA servers . So I'm wondering if this might be a server overload on xboxs end .

Sorry this didn't help.

EA does the servers for BF4, they're not the same ones for KI.  KI has a large patch this morning - did you install that yet?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing is happening to me right now.  Can't search for ranked or unranked exhibition matches.  I made sure I am not in any party.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Chainzter,

If you haven't already, I would definitely recommend running a Multiplayer Connection test from your Network Settings.

Also, it would help if you created a new thread detailing your issue so that we don't commandeer this thread. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm also having the same problem. Checked my network settings and still  won't load up a ranked match. Very frustrating.

Sorry this didn't help.

My NAT type is open, I've tested the network connection, and tested the multiplayer connection and it's all good. I still can't  get a ranked match.  I wish microsoft would just admit that there is something jacked up on their end and that they're working on it instead of trying to pawn it off our connections.  I like my xbox one but that doesn't mean I won't sell it on Craigslist if MS don't get their act together.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue as well.  I've researched ways to fix it. There is something called port forwarding where you go online into your router and do some things with your IP address, but it's really complicated. The main that works for me is unplugging my router and plugging it back in. After I do that I am able to get matches for a little while. Honestly I hope they release another patch because the whole situation is a pain in the butt.

Sorry this didn't help.