Keep The Cheaters Out

Hi, my name is John, aka Techno Wizard. I have been a gamer for thirty years and thoroughly enjoy Xbox Live. I have four children, all of which have a separate Xbox live account. I have an engineering degree, I am an active member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, and spend the rest of my time gaming! The reason I started this post was to discuss the future of gaming, and ways that game publishers can keep the cheaters and modders from ruining these wonderful games. For Example...When Halo Reach launched last September, there were around 1,500,00 players online. To date, there are an average of only 30,000 to 100,000 gamers playing Reach online. My rank in Halo Reach is Eclipse. I play without cheating and instruct my family to do the same. I have noticed that there are thousands of websites on where to download aimbot, cheat codes, and God Mode for several of the popular titles. It doesn't make good business sense to me to allow cheaters into the game to begin with. After a FPS game has been out for several months, usually there are stragglers left playing a game and running wild with these cheat codes, giving them an advantage over honest players. Even when you go to Xbox websites, Call of Duty, or Halo websites.....There are links or a list of websites on where to go to get the latest cheats. What kind of message does that send out for the youth of today. On one hand, Xbox has a system implemented in most these games for reporting cheaters, but then they turn around and tell you where to go to find these cheats.  I love Xbox Live and my family enjoys it as well. Somebody please step up to the plate and do what is right. Is it better to keep around 100,000 cheaters playing a game, or lose hundreds of thousands of gamers because of the frustration of not being able to compete against a cheater? As customers, we buy the consoles, games, clothing, and toys.  We deserve the right to play a game without worrying about who has the latest mod or aimbot. I would like to know why I can't download a program to render these cheats useless. If you allow cheaters to download codes, then I should be able to download something to counter act the cheat. My kids know what is right and wrong...and cheating is wrong. When someone is able to run a cheat in a game, they are wasting my time and the gaming communities time and money spent on these games.Why do people quit playing FPS games? Because of the cheating. The game publisher that creates a game that doesn't allow cheaters in to begin with, would make a fortune. People deserve to play on an even playing field, and to enjoy their experience on Xbox Live. I was around in the days of Atari, Coleco Vision, and Intellivision. What made the games back then so enjoyable, was the gameplay. Online gaming has come a long way and is awesome, but somewhere in the excitement the game publishers have forgotten their responsibility to the kids of today. My thirteen year old son came up to me just yesterday, and said that he was so frustrated from playing Halo and Call of Duty, that he might just play campaign games from now on. The reason of his frustration stems from people running aimbot, while playing these games. Someone cheats, then honest players get cheats to play against the cheaters. Sooner or later, everyone is cheating and then there is no longer a reason to play the game. Look at all the revenue that is lost from allowing these cheaters to have their way. What good is it to have a ranking system on any game, if the person sitting on top, got there by cheating. The whole point behind this post was to try and change the opinion of those who are cheating, and what effect it has on those who play by the rules. I am 39 years old and a gamer at heart. Let's make Xbox Live the most enjoyable gaming experience ever!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for your advice Bogolo & Th3 Tater, I'll try to apply that in games.

~

Hi CSB......and i30au has played 1,184 games (since 25 May 2011, just in case nobody was interested. lol).

[quote user="Drzg"]

so can we see some save films of these cheats in action ?

[/quote]

I can show you a film taken in a match when some one was trying to DNS attack people if thats counts ?

I know what OP means though there are some insane moments, like when you spawn only to get headshotted 6 times in a row (wish I had this one recorded)

I still say Halo was better before the BR, people claimed "oh you have no way to counter snipers though" well guess what by giving everyone BRs you've made everyone snipers so rather than solving the problem as you spawn in the whole enemy team can be sniping you not just the one guy with the sniper.

[quote user="Techno Wizard"]

Yes, I will be posting footage of these cheaters. I tried posting them on Halo Waypoint and I was banned for a week for backing up what I said. I am not trying to cause trouble, I am just trying to make playing games fun again. They asked me for proof on Halo Waypoint and I provided footage from theater mode of a guy standing up in armour lock for a second or two, and then proceeding to run across the map with armor lock on. I was quickly shut down from posting on the forum by the administrator. I was very upset that someone from 343i would try to dismiss the fact that people are cheating. What really didn't make sense, is that on Halo Waypoint they show you where you can go to get these cheats and cheat codes. The most common response, which is probably from a person being paid to address these issues on the forum, was..."Oh, that's just lag." I know the difference between lag and cheating. Lag doesn't last 6 seconds, enabling the player to run across the map in armor lock. It's almost like the companies making these games, are letting the cheaters play so they do not lose revenue. What they don't realize, is the number of customer's they are losing by taking such a soft position on this matter of cheating. Thank you for your feedback. Maybe I'm old fashioned in my ways, but cheating is never right and should not be glorified. Xbox should remove these sights containing info. on where to get cheat codes. How hard is it to sit down in a chair and push some buttons on a controller? Nobody needs aimbot....I would rather do it myself than to know I was assisted by a cheat program that plagues all first person shooters.

[/quote]

Yeh the Main Halo forums maybe aren't the best place to address issues. such as me objecting to the 7/7/ bungie day thing on the grounds of the promotional material round it and the content as kinda the biggest terrorist attack since the Birmingham pub bombing happened on 7/7 in the UK and I thought it highly inappropriate to have a campaign saying "look like you're on fire and blow some people up 7/7".

The response from the Bungie moderator was worse still along the lines of "I will ban you ******* Quantum singularity I don't see why bungie should show respect for an act or terrorism when its outside of the US and bungie is a US based company"

I then suggested on September 11th we hold a halo jenga tournament and I got "I told you to ******* drop it, if I hear from you again I will ban you ****** and thats highly offensive to people in the US show some respect"

yeh shows the level of the bungie mods right there.

The issues with cheaters is the more people start going, oh theres no problem with them, the worse the problems gets. I've played on PC servers for other games where people were cheating and had to call the mods into the server to sort it out, thing being cheating escelates. One guy gets an aimbot, so someone else gets aimbot and flying, so someone else gets all that and modded extra health. it becomes a mod arms race very quickly.

its like the people exploiting the living dead maps, yes you can get onto the roof / into a place where the zombies can only enter one way  and you have a long clear shot at them, well done, not how about letting people try and enjoy the game not have to stand for 5 minutes because you want to sit on a beam over a huge drop off the map and boost your K/D ratio.

^

In fact, since it's Reach, lag will definitely occur with full green bars. The bars are not accurate : (

Also, looking at that guy's sig, "Confident guy!"

Agreed Jbonyu. The OP is whacked out of his mind on something. I wonder if he thinks that all this new and great technology will eventually lead to robots ruling the world!

~

But on a more serious note Techno, as I said earlier, this is NOT the right place for you to be trying to convey this message. Nobody here cheats, nobody here condones cheating, nobody here is paid by Microsoft or "reading from a script" to tell you off. Being a college grad and running your own business doesn't mean ANYTHING here. It doesn't mean you know more about games and mods than anyone else here. Especially me. I don't, never have, and never will mod my Xbox, but I've done enough research to know what they look like and what they are.

~

There are only around 120,000 people playing at any given time because the game was released A YEAR AGO. On top of that, some people disagree with the way Reach was produced and see far too many flaws in the game to continue playing. People left because they didn't like the game mechanics (like Armor Lock and Bloom). I can probably guarantee you that less than 1% of the population quit because of too much cheating. Cheating is damn near non-existent in Reach. And something Bungie has ALWAYS been praised for is their cooperation with the community and their PREVENTION of cheating. This is the part you need to pay attention to, because you completely ignored it when I said it earlier.

~

Do some research on coding and programming and then you'll see why cheaters can't be stopped forever or completely prevented. You're asking for a ridiculous and impossible thing. That's like demanding that the Police make the national crime rate drop to 0% forever and ever. It just can't happen, and it never will. Hackers create their own codes and programs to conflict and override original codes and programs. These breaches can't be detected UNTIL THEY HAPPEN, therefore they are not preventable. A hack needs to occur in order for a new set of coding to come out that will override the hacked program (a patch or title update) which will improve security. But then, there's no telling if that patch will also be hacked. It's a never ending cycle. And these developers don't have the time, money, or resources to encrypt their codes so much that their game's security is impenetrable. It is not economically feasible.

~

But while that's going on, Microsoft and game developers are working around the clock monitoring their systems and punishing offenders.

~

For such an "intelligent" college grad who's running his own supposed successful business, you sure do seem like the stubborn and ignorant type. You do know that Google can be used to search for ANYTHING? It's a global search engine for Christ's sake. You can find instructions on how to create a home made bomb if you look for it. But does that mean that everyone's going around making bombs in their basement? NO. You refuse to accept the fact that the majority of Reach players have never run into a cheater in their time on Reach. Telling you that more often than not things are caused by lag and minor game glitches is perfectly valid, because that's a FACT. You don't have to accept that, but it just makes you look more stubborn.

~

By the way, you just got schooled by a 20 year old Physical Education major who's still in college. Proof right there that your business and your degree are meaningless when it comes to talking about crap you know nothing about.

Dear mother of god. I don't what's longer. Bob's post, or the lesson  my Science teacher is giving right now. O_o

Anyone wanna give a TL:DR for Bob's post.

[quote user="F4llen Angel xD"]

If he leaves mid game he'll get a temp ban on his tag.. lolz I agree cheaters ruin the game for us.

[/quote]How often is he going to have to quit to to haxorz in halo reach? Once in every 6 months?

LOL gotta agree with JBON tho.

This is not a rage thread. It's kinda like the movie, ' A FEW GOOD MEN.'.....You can't handle the truth.

Nothings stopping you from leaving the game.

Nothing stops the cheaters from leaving the game either.