Keep the Caravan Alive(Honest Hearts)

Has anyone been able to do this at the beginning? I tried so many times and got so close but one random shot would tear everyone apart.  Nooooo, Ricky.....NO...Stella!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You cannot save them. You can help the caravan in a whole by the choice you make at the end of the game. Otherwise, give up. They are dead.

That's too bad, I really liked Ricky.  I was hoping to be his steady supply of psycho. :(

You can save Ricky by telling him not to go on the trip; what becomes of him, I don't know, but at least he's not dead.  But the fight is scripted, so everyone else dies regardless of your actions.  It's supposed to establish the danger of the White Legs and keep the story player-centered and whatnot

It just wouldn't feel right to backtrack that far to keep Ricky from dieing unless he would appear later.  If someone did keep Ricky from going and happens to run into him later then please let me know.  I realize some people might not understand, but I always get attached to Fallout's characters.

That explains it. I reloaded my game about 5 times and was determined to keep Jed and the chick alive but no luck :(

For some reason I felt so bad when everyone died the first time I played. I re-did it about 3 times before figuring it was scripted that way..... wish you could save them but it was fun trying against all odds to save them.

Slightly off topic but with Ricky I persuaded him to carry some of my load but nothing really happened and I had to leave loads of stuff in the crate,  how do you actually get him to carry stuff, or cant you?

After the fourth reload I shot the first guy on the cliff who throws the grenades right away away then popped everyone else that showed up, Jed, Stella and a couple guards survived but they just stood there. I cant remember what the say but it's basically if you try to talk to them they say their busy. So I waited for a few moments and they still never moved from their spots although they were not frozen. So I figured that they werent supposed to be saved so I reloaded again let them get kilt and looted what I wanted from them. I sent Ricky home before we left the cave, not sure if you see him again in Vegas.

yeah I was stumped on that one too, no option to give him my loot ever appeared

the post above was for genchy, but for everyone else I'm glad I'm not the only one who tried to keep them alive