Karkand

Anyone heard when the Karkand maps will be released

I thought they were part of the pre-order pack

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

I thought they were also? maybe the 28th official release date for UK

Will come out a later date, PS3 will get it first/ only 1 week ahead.

[quote user=""]

Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?
A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.

Q: When will the Back to Karkand expansion pack be released?
A: We have not yet announced the Back to Karkand expansion pack release date.

Q: How much does the Back to Karkand Expansion pack cost?
A: We have not yet announced a price. However, it will be included in the Limited Edition at no extra charge.

Q: Do I have to choose between Back to Karkand and the Physical Warfare Pack as my pre-order bonus?
A: No. There is no way you can pre-order Battlefield 3: Limited Edition and not end up with the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge. On top of this, select retailers all over the world will carry the Physical Warfare Pack. Exact details for other countries and retailers will be announced at a later date.

Q: Why do you offer pre-order bonus items?
A: Because we believe in rewarding our core fanbase with special offers -- such as giving them the Back to Karkand expansion pack at no extra charge.

[/quote]

These Q&A was posted on Battlefield.com. Source

I think it releases when the expansion is available to buy on the Marketplace and the point of the Pre-order is to gain access free of charge and not exclusive early access as I  and many people oringnally thought.

I was wondering the same myself, I have the standard edition but was gonna buy the limited friday for my son this weekend i would nab the map pack...anyone know when it drops? ill hold of if there not usable straight out the box

My best guess is that we'll be playing on the Karkand map by Thanksgiving.  

[quote user="MA5TER BLAST3R"]

I was wondering the same myself, I have the standard edition but was gonna buy the limited friday for my son this weekend i would nab the map pack...anyone know when it drops? ill hold of if there not usable straight out the box

[/quote]

I would still consider buying the limited edition for your son, as this will grant you free access to them on day of release, otherwise you will have to buy them, DICE have not let released details of release dates or pricing, release should be soon, and I would guess it would set you back about 800-1200 MSP.

This^