Just when I thought it was safe to CoD again!!

Let me set the scene. About 3 weeks ago I decided that the only CoD I've really enjoyed was MW1 so I took the plunge and found a cheap copy. I was aware of the rampent hacking and cheating but thought I would risk it for a biscuit. Other than the odd bit of rainbow text and high speed lobbys I've not had any trouble......Until two days ago!! Now you may be thinking "Here's another story of reset stats etc." but you'd be wrong, it involves 1 person, 1 message and a bit of revenge.

I was playing a bit of TDM and ran into a group of good players who, I'll admit, handed me my posterior on multiple occasions. After 3 games in which I was the only one on my team reaching double figure kills I decided to back out and find a more evenly matched game for myself. While I was doing this I received a message from one of players who just tanned my hide containing one thing........ ; )  The deadly winking smiley!! Seeing as I just got beat down a few times by him and his friends I thought "Fair enough I'll just let them have their smugness" and left it at that. I didn't send anything back or retaliate in any way. Fast forward one day and I happen to find myself in another TDM lobby with a familiar GT. It was one of the lads that battered me 24h ago only this time he appears to alone!! The game starts and we trade blows throughout the match and end up on a fairly even scores. So me, being the friendly man I am, decided a bit of banter was in order, so I sent him the EXACT same message he sent me the day before. It would appear that in the process of someone else typing a winking smiley it turns into something evil and offensive as I was bombarded with messages calling into question my sexuality and game playing skills. With CoD4 have a such a shrinking (plus MW3 out soon is going to destroy its numbers) community left I would have thought the players remaining would have the sense not to try and push other players away from their game as to keep it alive just a litte longer!!

TL;dr What is your view on the elitist attitude of smaller game communites. Do they have a right to bash new players because they haven't been there from the start? Should they lighten up and just except new blood to try and keep the game alive? Have you had any experience similar on any games?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

It's no secret the newer CoD community is a joke.Being 35 and joining a game to hear 20 teenagers spouting F-bombs at me and everything else in the book is amusing and frustrating at the sametime.Normally i stay away from newer CoD games but have been playing just to play recently and find it's almost better to play without a mic.You have as much right to play as them because it is not "their"game.I say just keep doing what your doing because putting these"elitist"in there place being the underdog is.....Priceless

The winky face is very sexual and needs to be used in moderation. Everyone knows that if you send it to someone, it means you want to hook up.

Its never safe to play Cod. Ever.

[quote user="YellowJacket LE"]

It's no secret the newer CoD community is a joke.Being 35 and joining a game to hear 20 teenagers spouting F-bombs at me and everything else in the book is amusing and frustrating at the sametime.Normally i stay away from newer CoD games but have been playing just to play recently and find it's almost better to play without a mic.You have as much right to play as them because it is not "their"game.I say just keep doing what your doing because putting these"elitist"in there place being the underdog is.....Priceless

[/quote]

it's not just CoD,even a game like uno f-bombs happens "of all things".

but it's best to play without the mic anyway.

I hate to break it to you but Call of Duty isnt just going to up and be perfect one day lol.

The series always has and will be plagued with a bad community. Least since CoD 3 anyways.

Battlefield is that way to go mate

[quote user="Kiri Suta"]

TL;dr What is your view on the elitist attitude of smaller game communites. Do they have a right to bash new players because they haven't been there from the start? Should they lighten up and just except new blood to try and keep the game alive? Have you had any experience similar on any games?

[/quote]

So many different views and opinions on the "hardcore" and "elitists"... Most of them wrong.

Well, to get to the point, yeah, I do think the upper crust have rights.--Whether other players give them their rights or not. Bragging, mild taunting... of course as long as it is friendly and within reason. But maturity is supposed to come with it as well. A sort of mentor or master approach. Now I'm no master at Call of duty, but I am a many other games, online or offline. And a tempered persona needs to be a big part of a gamer's master skillbase to be any respecting "elitist." If not, then they are just some punk who either got lucky from time to time... or some looser with a bad sense of self as a gamer that just plays the same thing over and over. In any case, this chump you encountered is not an elitist in any way just because he handed you your rear end. Now I may have gone a bit off topic here, but remember: any non-respecting elitist is not an elitist at all.--just a chump with a few skills.

And to think the enforcement team spends all of its time over here, and still no succes of enforcing.

[quote user="KOtheOGODHDSHOT"]

The winky face is very sexual and needs to be used in moderation. Everyone knows that if you send it to someone, it means you want to hook up.

[/quote]
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

I only read the thread title.  WHY....would you ever assume it's safe to play COD online?