Just had to lol

Playing a player match against a Lui Kang, I was Sub Zero.....anyway, straight away he jumps in & thats my fight over lol, he back,lk,lp,hp me the whole way across the screen until I was dead. Had to laugh at that, worst beating i've had yet by a mile.

Went into training & tried it myself but could only get 2 of them off, whereas the guy hit me with about 6.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Whats your worst beating & who do you hate playing against?

Did you catch the players name? I had the exact same today with some as Liu Kang. Just repeated the moves, wouldn't let me even hit the ground flat on my back. Got me in a corner and just spammed the same moves. I just saved time and left. I know that's a sure way to win, but when you fight like that it's just boring and frustrating.

Sadly, it's also the way to win. It does get irritating when there's nothing you can do about it, but if it works, and it's not a glitch or cheating, then winning is winning.

[quote user="Ruthless Tenjin"]

Sadly, it's also the way to win. It does get irritating when there's nothing you can do about it, but if it works, and it's not a glitch or cheating, then winning is winning.

[/quote]

I agree with you. But unfortunately it's so cheap. Not much of a fight if it's a over spammed moves to the corner. It's frustrating for the player taking the beating as you can't do anything. It's winning without style. I have a tendency to leave matches with unsporting players.

It is pretty cheap, but if you're playing to win, the game only truly knows winning and losing. It doesn't factor in a player being cheap by spamming moves or anything. Also, there isn't any honor code for fighting games, either. Those are the player's own mental limitations if they don't do it in return if it works. I don't like to spam moves, but if someone stays blocking, trying to turtle, I'll spam Hellfire to get them to realize it's not working. I won't do it with friends unless we're messing around, but with randoms I'll do whatever works. I do have to say that people freaking out over grapples in SFIV (Super or non) are hilarious.

Man, its called combo breakers, Lui Kang VS Subzero is a SubeZero favourable match up, he only has two projectiles and the others are easily Ice-cloned.

Worst match ive played is probably against Kitana, i pretty much only play SubZero and Kitana VS SubZero is horrible for Sub, especially when she starts spamming those fans, there nothing to do against them. She has way too fast recovery to keep the jumps consistent, and the slide doesnt go under the fans. Blocking only gets chip damage and as soon as you do manage to get to her she does that overhead zoom away thing.

Anytime i see someone pick Kitana, I pick her too now. Seeing as i can do okay against the spammer ones with her, but good Kitana players i have no chance against, which I dont mind since they don't just spam fans.

I thought it was brilliant, i'd never seen the combo before & when he did it I was amazed.

Yeah your right about using a combo breaker, did'nt come into my head to be honest.

I now play against a mate & he uses the combo alot.