Just got the game

So i got tired of MW3 and traded it in for BF3. So far the game is awesome and beautiful and actually makes me feel like im in real war. I have to say the story mode is pretty challenging i died a couple time. Not done with it yet but almost. 

Now the Multiplayer..I actually have fun with this. I was wondering if there are any tips you BF3 pros could give me.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

So i got tired of MW3 and traded it in for BF3. So far the game is awesome and beautiful and actually makes me feel like im in real war. I have to say the story mode is pretty challenging i died a couple time. Not done with it yet but almost. 

Now the Multiplayer..I actually have fun with this. I was wondering if there are any tips you BF3 pros could give me.  

[/quote]

For what it's worth - its a team game, so join a squad and try to work together towards the objective.  understand what the different classes do, Assault and Support provide a very important role to other teammates - they have health and ammo, give it out to everyone!   don't take off in your vehicle without looking around to see if someoen needs a ride, you'll last longer with a gunner or two.  ABS!  (Always Be Spotting) use the back button on your controller to highlight any enemy or vehicle you see, you get points when they're knocked down. 

Have fun!

Take it back to gamestop and cut your losses now. You're still playing MW3

[quote user="vibroluxor"]

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

Now the Multi-player..I actually have fun with this. I was wondering if there are any tips you BF3 pros could give me.  

[/quote]

For what it's worth - its a team game, so join a squad and try to work together towards the objective.  understand what the different classes do, Assault and Support provide a very important role to other teammates - they have health and ammo, give it out to everyone!   don't take off in your vehicle without looking around to see if someone needs a ride, you'll last longer with a gunner or two.  ABS!  (Always Be Spotting) use the back button on your controller to highlight any enemy or vehicle you see, you get points when they're knocked down. 

Have fun!

[/quote]

^^This is good advice^^, IMOP the Engineer class is a good all rounded class to start with, there's lots of different vehicles in this game, so RPG's are your best friend on the larger maps as well as the repair tool. The best advice I could give is try and get out of the COD way of thinking, K/D as no meaning in Battlefield, learn to support your team with Ammo, Health Packs, Repair Vehicles and destroy enemy vehicles when you can, the best you can.

Thanks guys. I did not know about the back button thing. That is pretty cool.

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

Thanks guys. I did not know about the back button thing. That is pretty cool.

[/quote]

It also works both ways, It will spot an enemy as already said, however if you aim at a friendly teammate, eg Medic then your character will ask that player for health and mark your location on there mini map. Try pressing the back button on different thing and see what your character response is.

Also keep an eye on your mini map, which in kind will show you who wants ammo, health, repair etc.

Make your own judgements of the game,Don't listen to people who try to tell you its no good.some people who played older BF games are disappointed by all the attachments etc,but make up your own mind.

dont listen to some of the chronic complainers on these forums!! these girls cry about the game but most of them have over 100hrs or more of playtime!! go figure? lol  they wont admit that the game is fun but their playtime proves otherwise. or they just like to torture themselves. lol

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

[/quote]first of all, have fun, play your way......I would advise against trying to be a sniper, and level up the other classes...but like I said, play your way.....find friends who enjoy this game and play with them...it makes communicating easier and improves the over all quality of the game and your chances of winning

-

if this is your first BF game and your coming from COD, well then first of all welcome.....secondly, this game won't take you that long to get the hang of...the learning curve on BF games isn't as steep as some would have you believe

-

as for the disharmony in the community, there is an ongoing argument about certain game features.....most notably concerning mimicking the afore mentioned COD....contrary to popular belief though, people can still like the game while simultaneously feeling disappointed by some parts of it....anyway, give yourself time to acclimate to the game before passing final judgement...and please feel free to discuss your opinion good or bad..because both are allowed

-

welcome! and if your lookin for tips here you might have to filter through all the hate posts. seems to be the same people but yeah. game is great. like vibro said: " its a team game" so its much more fun/better playing with friends or working with your team. there's a lot to get to know so just keep an open mind.

[quote user="boot61"]

dont listen to some of the chronic complainers on these forums!! these girls cry about the game but most of them have over 100hrs or more of playtime!! go figure? lol  they wont admit that the game is fun but their playtime proves otherwise. or they just like to torture themselves. lol

[/quote]

Or how about we like the game but think it could be better. We want a better experience always. If you become satisfied with where you are, you don't make progress. Most of us go about doing this without resorting to childish insults unlike some people.