Just cant decide if itll be worth it

Ive been a COD fan for a long time. But with the past few COD tittles cant decide if BO2 will be worth the time and effort.

1: he origonal MW. Fun game not to many issues other then your occasional rapid fire controller.

2: WaW. While fun way to many map glitches and this is where all the rapid fire controllers that everyone said didnt exist became so obvious their existance couldnt be denied. Gotta love all the stupid elivator glitches that still exist and have never been fixed.

3: MW2. WELCOM TO MODERN HACKFARE!!!!! no support hardly any fixes. I actually put the disk in last month only to get 12 kids inviting me to prestige lobbies for 1600 ms point.

4: Black ops. fun....but hackers started to shine through again...and worst hit detection ive seen..almost funny. That and the stupid idea to let kids create emblems meant having to look at every 12 year olds re-creation of a male body part (stopped being funny after the 5000000th ****). That and constant dissconects and mitigations ruined this game.

5: MW3 youd think they would learn. Promising dedicated servers then canning the idea Lag compensation that made the game more of a joke then anything else. Some hackers but not as bad (as of 6 monhs ago when i got rid of it). youd think they would have alteast said "hay...lets fix some of our past mistakes"

So for the life of me...even though I love COD...i just dont seem to have the urge to run out and get this one

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, instead of addressing nagging issues and past problems, they seem content to just keep adding to them imo. Black Ops was the last worthwhile effort.... also, imo.

Wait. Do people actually think modded controllers give others an advantage?

[quote user="Omicron Reaper"]

Ive been a COD fan for a long time. But with the past few COD tittles cant decide if BO2 will be worth the time and effort.

1: he origonal MW. Fun game not to many issues other then your occasional rapid fire controller.

2: WaW. While fun way to many map glitches and this is where all the rapid fire controllers that everyone said didnt exist became so obvious their existance couldnt be denied. Gotta love all the stupid elivator glitches that still exist and have never been fixed.

3: MW2. WELCOM TO MODERN HACKFARE!!!!! no support hardly any fixes. I actually put the disk in last month only to get 12 kids inviting me to prestige lobbies for 1600 ms point.

4: Black ops. fun....but hackers started to shine through again...and worst hit detection ive seen..almost funny. That and the stupid idea to let kids create emblems meant having to look at every 12 year olds re-creation of a male body part (stopped being funny after the 5000000th schlong). That and constant dissconects and mitigations ruined this game.

5: MW3 youd think they would learn. Promising dedicated servers then canning the idea Lag compensation that made the game more of a joke then anything else. Some hackers but not as bad (as of 6 monhs ago when i got rid of it). youd think they would have alteast said "hay...lets fix some of our past mistakes"

So for the life of me...even though I love COD...i just dont seem to have the urge to run out and get this one

[/quote]Black Ops was awesome. I never had any connection problems and I like that they actually penalized people who dashboarded by giving them a loss. I know it gave everyone a loss, as well, but you could at least point out that good but really bad players. Their stats would be like a 3 k/d with a .4 win ratio. Combat record was pretty damn cool, too. I've probably spent a day just looking at that with as much as I've played. I liked the emblems creator also. I think the vast majority liked it. I never saw any hacking whatsoever either. Just the few lag switchers and they'd actually ban them. I mean, this was the first heavily modded cod game and the only as far as I know? I don't play Mw3. 

Waw was an awesome game, too. I don't remember the elevator glitches and hackers. I'm sure there had to of been something but it's been forever since I've played. I'm talking about when the game was in it's prime. I know it's ruined now. Treyarch is just way superior. I'm looking forward to their game this year. 

The newest COD will be..........................well...................COD. Itll be the same as always. Have fun and shoot people. Whats the big deal? Dont expect anything new until a Next-Gen console. In other words, COD is gonna be COD until then.

I have teh feelings in the depths of mah souls that it will be worth it.

That's because if you said it sucks, you would no longer be allowed at the Treyarch installation Mat.  You would say a piece of crap boxed up with a big treyarch and activision logo on it is going to be good.  Look a lot of people are really turned away from the way the game is going.  Yeah you say its only 2025 or whatever but it looks like a halo game.  If I want halo then that's what I will get.  Go back to Vietnam or wwII.  I was a hardcore cod fan myself until about black ops, then I started to get tired of the whole modern warfare scenario.

[quote user="DOTx SubZero"]

That's because if you said it sucks, you would no longer be allowed at the Treyarch installation Mat.  You would say a piece of crap boxed up with a big treyarch and activision logo on it is going to be good.  Look a lot of people are really turned away from the way the game is going.  Yeah you say its only 2025 or whatever but it looks like a halo game.  If I want halo then that's what I will get.  Go back to Vietnam or wwII.  I was a hardcore cod fan myself until about black ops, then I started to get tired of the whole modern warfare scenario.

[/quote]

I work on MP, and we've yet to show any MP.  Feel free to judge away once you seem some of our stuff.  As a hardcore CoD player from the old days though, I really do have a lot of faith in what we're doing.

I truly think you guys are gonna friggin' love it.

Being futuristic doesn't make it not COD. Perks, KSR's, bad balance, fast-based arcade-esque gunfights, a short and uninteresting campaign, egotistical idiots, and a badly leveled playing field, make it COD.

^^LOL, come on now.

If you're not sure it will be worth it, don't buy it on day 1. Wait for the reviews to come out or if you have a place where you can rent games just do that. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple as that. But I guarantee 90% of the people who say it will be terrible or it looks bad will be playing it day 1 *cough*subzero*cough*

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP