Just bought XBOX One and can't download

just bout xbox one and i can't get up and running

bought system and COD ghosts

set up xbox live account

set up microsoft account

set up xbox music

set up xbox live

redeemed code for COD

several hours and although COD is in te que, i cannot get it to download onto console

what am i missing

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Highlight Call of Duty and press Menu (three horizontal lines) and hopefully can see the option either start installation or resume installation. Press that and it should start downloading.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

problem is, i don't even find 'Call of Duty Ghosts' there is every other version of COD like Gold, onslaught, devastation, etc etc, just not 'Call of Duty Ghosts'

i bought it and the system at a store, went to live.xbox.com gave it the code and activated it and it shows to be que'd up

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure to read everything in this post before actually trying to follow any of the steps.

Let's start from the beginning. What exactly did you buy at the store? An Xbox One, I get that. Are you saying you also bought a digital copy of Ghosts? Is it 360 or One?

Where does it say it's queued? At live.xbox.com/.../queue?

If so, that would be the 360 version, which is not the same and is not compatible with Xbox One.

The only place the Xbox One version will say it's queued is on the console itself.

If the licence you bought is also for the One, there are a couple scenarios that could apply:

There will be a second code on the card, explicitly for the One. If a QR code is there, simply say "Xbox, Use a code" and hold it up to Kinect, or manually type in the code written beneath the QR code; OR

If you go to My Games & Apps, then Games, then scroll as far right as you can, it could appear there and you simply press A then confirm to install; OR

If you go to Store then Games and find Call of Duty Ghosts, it will appear with INSTALL written where the price would normally be. Do not press if there's a price, but if it says INSTALL just go ahead and install.

Let me know the answer to all the above questions, and what happens if you try the suggested steps.

TO NOTE: Onslaught and Devastation are both DLC/add-ons for Ghosts. Where you are seeing 'Gold' written on box art, I believe that is actually the game; above GOLD EDITION, it will say "Call of Duty Ghosts." I don't know exactly why it suddenly says Gold Edition on it, but that changed a couple weeks ago and appears on the tile for my game, so it is the actual game. IF you were seeing this before, where I said in my first post to check for the game (My Games & Apps), just do what I said and press Menu then install.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Sorry this didn't help.