Just beat the game!

So I went and bought the game for 12 bucks (amazing deal) and after a day and a half, my mind has officially been blown by the game's ending. I have no idea what just happened, but i love it. I will absolutely be purchasing the downloadable content, however I must wait until tomorrow I must study for the rest of the night =/

However, I wanted to make this thread to hear the opinions of those who have beat the game. Anybody think they know wtf happened?!?!

This thread is intended for those who have beat the game but not played any DLC.

If you have played the DLC, tell me what you thought about the game's ending before you played the DLC.

Please no spoilers from the DLC I have not played any DLC yet only discuss the ending of the actual game

Please dont ruin it for me! lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I loved the game, played through a couple times, I'll probably play through again and focus on achievements.  I thought the ending was great, left enough to warrant the DLC, and honestly I think the 2 DLC Epi's are some of the best in the game.  You'll enjoy it.

The game's ending in my opinion was a bit of a good cliff hanger.  Get the DLCs, it really gives the game a new kind of completion, and the story definitely adds to the game as a whole.

I got the limited collectors edition. I normally don't go for collections, but for Alan Wake, it was worth it.

Yeah, the collectors edition is actually awesome. I picked it up for £15

I ended up renting it as my local rental place didn't have LA Noire (just wanted something to play while recouping from dental work.  LOVED the story.  I found myself staying up later than I should have just to finish whatever episode I was on.  Very Stephen King / Twin Peaks-esque

I tried to play. There was no freedom or anything, everything is following a script. awful

No freedom? And how do all the other games you've played have more freedom? It's showing that you haven't played AW. Let me guess, you played it on your other profile right? Maybe a friend's console? Why don't you stick to the all of those Call of Duty games you've been playing. 3 in a row? I like those games as much as the next person but I get burnt out on them fast. They're good for people who don't appreciate sophisticated games. You probably don't appreciate anything other than blowing *** up. Not your fault I guess...

I loved it! I like stories like this one... deep ongoing, slightly creepy... reminded me a bit of Shutter Island, not as the story, but as a psychological thriller... The ending was amazing, i purchased both DLC and still... WOW and they even announced a new part, with as much mystery as this one ended... it won't be a sequel, it won't be a follow up it probably even won't be called Alan Wake O.O

Warty, Sam Lake who is the head honcho behind Alan Wake, said he wants three games in the series. This is pending the sales are good enough, which they weren't too good. Too early to tell whether or not we will see an AW2. But, they want a second and a third one so we will just have to wait and see. At least we are getting the AW arcade game.