Just beat it on Insanity

Glad that's over... took me only 7 hours with the Soldier.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Only 7 hours? I'm guessing you only did the bare minimum exploration, farming, crew recruitment etc right? Not saying it's bad or anything, just curious as the shortest it's taken me to finish ME2 is about 20 hours or so (have the habit of always doing extra in the game mission/side mission/etc).

Also, as a Soldier class, what was your bonus power/ability you took?

[quote user="Deaths Head 200"]

Only 7 hours? I'm guessing you only did the bare minimum exploration, farming, crew recruitment etc right? Not saying it's bad or anything, just curious as the shortest it's taken me to finish ME2 is about 20 hours or so (have the habit of always doing extra in the game mission/side mission/etc).

Also, as a Soldier class, what was your bonus power/ability you took?

[/quote]

Soldier with Hardened Adrenaline Rush, Incindiary Ammo+Disruptor Ammo, Commando, Dominate (Level 4s), and Level 1 Concussive Shot.

I used Adrenaline Rush to sprint past enemies, and for most of the time, I didn't even have to kill anyone unless they were in my way. My weapons were the Widow (Disruptor ammo) and the Vindicator (Incendiary ammo), which can 3-burst the Harbinger's barrier 100% of the time. Dominate also works VERY well on Collectors because if they get possessed by the Harbinger, they're still going to attack your enemies with extremely high attack power.

I did not die on a few missions (Mordin's recruitment, Reaper IFF, Final Boss, Samara's Recruitment, First few hours of the game) but I died to Praetorians about 25 times, and on the collector ship with the moving platforms, I probably died 50 times.

Engineer next!

Lol some people have skills, other don't (this guy lol). I just started my insanity play through and  Mordin's mission was a shocker. If anything charges me I have trouble taking it down. I am not looking forward to dealing with  Krogans in bulk. I haven't gotten completley jammed up yet, but have hit a couple spots where I have died enough to start to make me mad lol. 7 hours. . .  unheard of. . .  at my house anyway.

Blimey that is quick, I am currently 25 hours into it with my level 30 vanguard which I carried on with from the first game and first play through, just have Tali to get and done the collectors ship which was so so hard!!

You died 50 + 25 times, that alone is 7 hours of loading screens.

Im on 15 hours Soldier on my second playthrough and I'm not even half way.

21 Hours with Level 30 Soldier on 2nd playthrough. I did the bear minimum, no side missions, just main storyline and loyalty missions, no DLCs.  Only mined resources when needed.  The toughest spots were the Praetorian on Horizon, the platform battle on the collector ship, the Praetorian on the Collector ship, and the Clan Guld Clan Speaker on Tuchanka (the Vorcha and Krogan coming down the stairs had nothing but good angles on me and the team).  But seriously, after the platform battle on the Collector Ship, everything after that wasn't that bad.

I have just started this and am really finding it rough, but I want it done before me3 is out.

insanity really forced me to use cover and focus on keeping my distance from almost every enemy type. i hate the collector base platforms and the praetors too: difficulty spikes are something bioware needs to keep an eye on for ME3

on a lighter note i chewed thru mass effect on insanity for the first time in 2 years, not sure how long it took tho. imma start an insanity run today and see if i can chew thru the game in less than 8hrs, sounds like.. wel, not like fun

You can get through Mass Effect in under 8 hours if you skip conversations and take the shortcuts in quests. Such as in Noveria, simply turn in Olaplod to the Administrator and you cn get a garage pass straight away.

Then again it takes me a half hour to get off the Normandy at the start of the game, so I'd never be able to do it that quickly.