Just Another Reason to Hate Always Online Games

When will this ridiculous fad end. Diablo 3 received quite the backlash after it's servers failed. Now SimCity crashed. I sure hope this puts an end to "always online for single player games" dealibob.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

SimCity crashed?! :facepalm:

This sickens me:[quote user=" "]Already on March, 3th. Ryan Lashley started a petition on Change.org, in which he was grathering signatures to make EA remove the need of internet in order to play a single player campaign, it spread across the internet, and quickly reached Reddit and Youtube, where it quickly gathered roughly 50.000 signatures in 5 days.
EA’s offical statement on this is: “The always online requirement is a good thing.” and that they’re not going to change it in the future.

[/quote]I really wish people would stop buying their games. I mean, they have some great IPs, but they need a wake up call that they're going down the wrong path. Preventing piracy is one thing. Doing a disservice to people who want to play your games is another.

wow this news IS old, the DRM killed the game, even if it worked 100% of the time though the city sizes are so small it isn't worth buying. hopefully people get their refunds.

I am pro online gaming. As bad as it seems, it's one of the only ways to at least slow pirates down.

If people would quit stealing games, we wouldn't be moving towards this future.

Yeah, I know it's a bit old. I waited to post it to see how EA would handle the situation. Apparently, it hasn't been handled well by EA.

[quote user="DanteSparda504"]

I am pro online gaming. As bad as it seems, it's one of the only ways to at least slow pirates down.

If people would quit stealing games, we wouldn't be moving towards this future.

[/quote]Since this hasn't worked multiple times, I think they should be brainstorming different ways to punish pirates.

This is abit old, there was massive shitstorm about it last week.

Clearly an effective anti-piracy tool, not consumer friendly though.  If the game worked day one no issues, people wouldn't be going crazy..... however they screwed up sooo  badly and so did  Blizzard with Diablo 3.  They fully deserve all the hate and criticism for being ignorant enough to think the servers would hold up.

You get a free game.  It can't be that bad considering they are working on a fix as fast as possible.

Always having to be online will be annoying even though I am always online anyway. If something like this happened to one of the games I played I would be annoyed, but I would just play a different game or do something else until it was fixed.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

[quote user="ICN3D"]

You get a free game.  It can't be that bad considering they are working on a fix as fast as possible.

[/quote]

You don't what the game is yet....

Working fast to fix issues?  Not fast enough.  The game shouldn't have problems at all on launch.  They were stupid and didn't take necessary pre-cautions;