Just a rant about the *($*^(@^! RNG store...

So... the luck I've had with getting the Reckoning Ultra Rares has been abysmal... Bought 10 Arsenal Packs, got only a N7 Valiant VIII. Good weapon in it's own right, but ever since Reckoning, I've spent close to 6 million and have only received ONE UR card : The Awakened Collector Adept. Add in BW gives us a Reckoning Challenge which can only be completed by those who HAVE a UR weapon from this pack... which makes people like myself who still don't HAVE a UR weapon from Reckoning, sh*t outta luck!

Sorry... didn't mean to create a rant, just incensed beyond belief at this garbage. People I know are getting UR's all the time, yet myself? Only once in a blue moon... To say I've come close to raging about this (by snapping the ME3 disc in half etc), has made my roommate regard myself as a crazy person who needs to be in a straitjacket and sent to a insane asylum!

Having a floating drop rate of 1%-10% (I think it was Bryan Johnson on the BSN, or another staff member who gave that figure) is detrimental and causes nothing but anger and frustration in those who spend their free time, getting the credits needed to get a PSP/AP/RP... and come away only with tier IV consumables. BioWare really needs to fix the frakkin drop rate... but likely won't, or even go into details about the drop rate because of a NDA I'm guessing they have with EA.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Man if I could give you my UR's I would Death. I'm pretty much done with the game anyway. I really wish their was some sort of trade option :) I agree, the game it's obviously at the end of its cycle so they should increase the rate, especially for new players (they will never come close to maxing any UR's). Question? How do you spend your credits? I know the store is random but here's what works best for me... I usually save up at the very least 1.5 million (the more the better, I usually aim for 2-3 mill). So then I buy a pack, IF I do not get a UR then I stop right there and play a few more matches and try again. Sometimes I may try 2 if I get the feel. But I ONLY splurge my credits if I get a UR in the first or second pack I open. For me, that works like a charm :) I usually get at least 3 UR's if not more. ALSO! I only buy PSP's. Again, it's just my experience and could be different for others.

Like I told you in the other thread, try CAMAROBOY69's Veteran/REG Spectre Pack method, avoid anything that costs 99,000 Credits.  Just last night I received a Javelin III & Lancer I, both Ultra Rare's from REGULAR Spectre Packs.  I felt the same as you before I took CAMAROBOY69's advice, but haven't looked back for the improvement in the quality of items has been tenfold since adopting this method, I pretty much only play GOLD now which nets me over 80,000 Credits, afterwards I buy one Veteran Pack & one Spectre Pack, I know it says that your chances are better on the 99,000 dollar crates, but it's all B.S....:-)

^^ It's very random because PSP's are great to me, never bothered with SP's. I spent 2.7 Million once and got 11 UR's (quite a few with 2 in one pack). There's no telling what really works, random is random.

[quote user="tCruzin4lyfe"]

^^ It's very random because PSP's are great to me, never bothered with SP's. I spent 2.7 Million once and got 11 UR's (quite a few with 2 in one pack). There's no telling what really works, random is random.

[/quote]

There is a logic to it that CAMAROBOY69 can explain better than I, but this is how I see it, 99,000CR can get you:  1)  1 Spectre Pack  2)  1 Veteran Pack  &  3)  3 Recruit Packs  vs.  ONE Arsenal/Reserves/Premium Spectre Pack that RARELY drops anything decent, and quite often things that you all ready possess, while the Veteran/Spectre Packs are far more consistent with UltraRares.  Also, I rarely stockpile the Credits like you guys do, that way I don't feel like I've wasted so much time, one GOLD match = 80,000+ Credits and if you don't get a good drop afterwards it's no big deal and a nice surprise when you do grab a good card...:-) 

Hmmm not too sure, I have great luck with PsP's so I never bother with anything else. I couldn't even tell you the last time I bought a Vet Pack lol. But CAMARO is one of my boys so whatever method works for him is cool. I just never saw a point in SP's, maybe it's because I mostly played Platinum. I rather drop 99K and at least get some Level IV ammo and if I'm down on equipment I just get an Equipment pack. But hey, whatever works :) There's some who have it worse than Death so a drop rate increase would be nice regardless.

From my experience, the only real difference from a Spectre Pack and a Premium Spectre Pack is that your paying 39,999 extra credits for the Premium Spectre Packs and getting 5 less slots for level 3 consumable gear.  As far as I'm concerned, the "better chance of getting an Ultra Rare" is probably an extra 5% from what I would estimate to normally be at 10%.  Yes, I do absolutely agree that the extra Gold slot is awesome, but I stopped purchasing Premium Spectre Packs when I realized the following.  Here is an example of what I mean...

---

---

---

---  Spectre Pack #1  ---  60,000 credits spent  ---

Incindiary Rounds 3, Cyro Rounds 3, Cyclonic Modulator 3, Assault Rifle Rail Amp 3, Shotgun Rail Amp 3, and a Ultra Rare Weapon

---  Spectre Pack #2  ---  120, 000 credits spent  ---

Warp Rounds 3, Explosive Rounds 3, Phasic Rounds 3, Disruptor Rounds 3, Pistol Rail Amp 3, and a Cyclonic Modulator 4

---  Spectre Pack #3  ---  189,000 credits spent  ---

Adenaline Amp 3, Sniper Rifle Amp 3, Power Effeciency Module 3, Armor-Piercing Ammo 3,  Disruptor Ammo 3, and Power Amplifier 4

---  Thus, I got 15 level 3 consumable gear, 2 level 4 consumable gear, and 1 Ultra Rare weapon  ---

---

---

---  Premium Spectre Pack #1  --- 99,9999 credits spent  ---

Cyclonic Modulator 3, Shotgun Rail Amp 3, Assault Rifle Rail Amp 3, Power Effeciency Module 3, Warp Rounds 3, Disruptor Rounds 3, a Ultra Rare weapon, and Cyclonic Modulator 4

---  Premium Spectre Pack #2  ---  199, 998 credits spent  --

Incindiary Rounds 3, Cyro Rounds 3, Adrenaline Amp 3, SMG Rail Amp 3, Pistol Rail Amp 3, Power Effeciency Module 4, and a Ultra Rare Weapon

---  Thus, I got 10 level 3 consumable gear, 2 level 4 consumable gear, and 2 Ultra Rare weapons

---

---

---  Personally, I prefer the results of the 3 Spectre Packs over the 2 Premium Spectre Packs.  Please understand that I it is not my purpose to start a flame war of any sort.  All that I'm saying is that as long as you're (as in the person buying whatever packs they choose) happy or content with the randomized results of your purchase, then your prefered pack to buy will stay or shift according to what you think will yield you the best stuff; other people can only give you their opinion on what they think about whatever packs that they prefer.  Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone!  :)

RNG is why I stopped playing MP. Luck based unlock systems are stupid, and that's me being polite.

I don't know. Recently I've been buying nothing but Arsenal packs (because of the "high chance" for weapons) and have only received one UR out of about 20 packs. I'm getting nothing but consumables. You would think with the recent changes (e.g. putting promotional weapons in with the other URs and other factors) that they would increase the drop rate.

LMAO  what? the store is unfair?? forget about the useless spec-ops & meds, what about PAYING for ammo?

@tCruzin4lyfe : Well, I usually buy the odd Jumbo pack for consumables and depending on my mood, either a Spectre pack or Premium Spectre pack when I have the credits. The store is random, so I'm random in my spendings lol

@Arkham99 : I'll try that method, but honestly... just getting more and more frustrated... I think mainly because of the fact that I can't complete a challenge without a ultra rare weapon from the pack. I admit, I'm a bit of a completionist and being unable to do so at the moment is just... ugh...

@Lei Fang DOAX3 : I never really stopped and looked at the store like that... just at how many credits I have and what pack/s I can buy lol

@BlackHawkDrunk : I'm starting to feel that way myself...

@DocHolliday 7 : With the low drop rate and BioWare's inability to talk about it (like I said earlier, I feel (and so do others on the BSN), that the reason Bryan Johnson can't talk about the drop rate specifically is due to a NDA with EA... but that's just speculation...

@FueldRockets : It's not the store I'm complaining about, rather the drop rate for the Ultra Rare cards... something you would've seen, if you actually READ my original post, instead of posting your usual rhetoric about this game. It's know how you feel about it, so why bother posting in a subforum for discussion of it then?