Just A Question

I never played Oblivion but was a HUGE Fallout 3 fan. I'm still into MW3 and getting Saints Row on tuesday. But I was thinking about getting this game in December. I just wanted to know if it is as hard as fallout 3 and how complicated it is and just you're general opinion about the game. Thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

it is kind of hard even on medium difficulty, depending on the kind of character you play. takes influences from fallout 3/new vegas, such as finishing moves when enemies are weak, kind of like the vats heads exploding, definatly worth every penny they ask, and they have already confirmed they will be doing plenty of dlc, not that it even needs dlc but more is always better.

It's a rewarding hard tho. If a game is too easy i get bored with it quick.

It's definitely harder than Oblivion. I'd say it's a little easier than Fallout (due to Magic), but still pretty challenging. However, you can make the game quite a bit harder just based on your playstyle. In general, a Battlemage or warrior is the easiest to run IMO, and an assassin is the hardest. 

[quote user="p u p p i e zzz"]

I never played Oblivion but was a HUGE Fallout 3 fan. I'm still into MW3 and getting Saints Row on tuesday. But I was thinking about getting this game in December. I just wanted to know if it is as hard as fallout 3 and how complicated it is and just you're general opinion about the game. Thanks!

[/quote]

Skyrim makes use of perks now.  You will gain a perk every time you level-up.  The perks will enhance your skills, such as smithing.  With an axe-pick in your inventory, you can mine different ores found throughout the world.  With the ore in hand, you can use a smelter at a blacksmith forge to create ingots (like in The Pitt DLC for Fallout 3).  Then you can use the ingots to create armor and weapons.  You can choose several smithing perks to create different types of gear, such as: Steel, Elven, Dwarven, Orcish, Glass, Ebony, Daedric, and Dragonbone.

Bottom line, if you like fantasy RPGs at all then you will love Skyrim.