Jumping Alot is Cheating?

Hi there, everyone. I was playing with some random person and he kept telling me to stop jumping so much because it's cheating. How exactly  is jumping too much cheating?  I have always done alot of jumping moves and jumping since this is what helps me win . What are your thoughts on jumping too much?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Whatever works, really. He sounds like a poor sport that can't hit a moving target. Just ignore it. You'll get a lot of people complaining about the stupidest things when playing against them if you win. Spamming a move, jumping a lot, zoning, whatever it is. Someone is always going to complain when things don't go their way and they can't find a way around it and adapt.

^^ Thanks alot for your answer. You're exactly right. There is ALWAYS going to be someone whining about something when things are not going their way. I will continue jumping alot as always to get my wins. If they don't like it, well too bad for them.

No problem. Just try not to let it bother you and enjoy playing no matter what other whiners or elitists, say or think. I hope you continue to enjoy MK for a while to come!

That is one of the reasons I dont play on-line: too many whiners and sore losers.

I just turn my mic off when playing fighting games.  

[quote user="stUckU"]

I just turn my mic off when playing fighting games.  

[/quote]

Won't really change much if they decide to take time out of their day to send you a message. Though, I always laugh at them, wasting time to do that instead of just playing the game. It's also pretty funny when you don't respond and they keep spamming them.

I've had this happen to me just now, the guy was Liu and I was Subs, already at a distance disadavntage and he just did Lius jump in juggle combo after I was able to read it and uppercut him 5 times in a row he rage quit XD.

punching,blocking,kicking alot is cheating should we stop? :P

Jumpin constantly isn't cheating but it is dull, to do & to play against.

I wouldn't say that it was cheating, although some would argue that it demonstrates a lack of skill.  First rule of fighters is don't jump, it is one of the most vulnerable positions (although you don't have much choice it you want Cyber Sub Zero's X-Ray to hit) as in many games you either can't block or the block is easy for your opponent to overcome.  That said empty jumps can confuse your opponent, so I would suggest using them sparingly and make the most of them when you do use them.