Joined a modded lobby on Call of Duty World at War via matchmaking.

I put World at War into my console and went to the multiplayer and went to join a game of Team Death Match.

Then I noticed the game was modifed so I immediately left the match and went back to the matchmaking to find a new game,and again I entered another modded lobby. I again immdediately left the game and decided I'd change game type but every game type seems to be the same,90% of all matches I joined were modified lobbies,so even with leaving straight away,I'm unsure if my account will be safe from receiving a ban.

It's amazingly easy to get into one of these lobbies since you're forced into them via matchmaking so I hope my account,stats and unlocks will not be effected by this.

I'm not really in-touch with what's going on with gaming at the moment,are any of the other Call of Duty games suffering from this issue too? If so could someone tell me so I could avoid that game until it's patched,thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 427 Applies to:

The following CODs are modded to hell and should be avoided at all costs; COD4, WaW and MW2. Black Ops is mod & hack free and can be played with no fear whatsoever.

As for a patch for the three stooges don't hold your breath. MW2 has been out nearly two years now and it's been a good year since the last patch so I doubt IW are going to bother. WaW's been out for much longer and that hasn't had a patch in yonks either and it's much the same story with COD4. Nothing's been announced or even rumoured regarding patches for those games either so I really wouldn't hold your breath. Why MW2 is still the darling of the COD fanbase still staggers me, are they all modders or something?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@Vernier  hack free... for now [:P]

OP: To be honest, I don't think they will ever be patched. They have already come out and said that it is unpatchable for the PS3, so it wouldn't suprise me if they've given up on 360 as well. They will be putting all their attention into the new games (MW3 and Black Ops) and pretty much leaving the old ones as is.

Thats pretty much why I no longer buy COD games [:(]

Sorry this didn't help.

To be fair I think the PS3 issue is down to the console having been jailbroken in the way it was than any issue with the game itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

out of curiosity, how did you identify that the lobbys were modded?

Sorry this didn't help.

Anyone who has played any of the Call of Duties can tell when something in a match is not kosher. Most times the indicators are:

-super speed

-higher than normal jumping

-colored text on the screen

-higher than normal points for killing someone

-etc.

If you encounter any rooms like this you need to dashboard immediately. To dashboard you press the center Guide button on your controller, then press 'Y' to exit to the dashboard. If you stay in the room and actively participate in it you will face enforcement action taken against your account (in the form of a permanent account ban from XBL) and you risk all your in-game stats being altered and unrecoverable.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Temhotabot"]

If you encounter any rooms like this you need to dashboard immediately. To dashboard you press the center Guide button on your controller, then press 'Y' to exit to the dashboard. If you stay in the room and actively participate in it you will face enforcement action taken against your account (in the form of a permanent account ban from XBL) and you risk all your in-game stats being altered and unrecoverable.

[/quote]

Not quite, Tem.  "Dashboarding" keeps the profile signed in.  You actually need to completely sign out of Xbox Live, then sign back in.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the info Zen, I did not know that part.

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont find it fair that somone may not know what a mdded lobby is and may think that its double xp or something and get banned from xbox live for it. I say either fix something up for it or tell iw and treyarch to get there act together or take the servers down or make a reporting system e.g take a picture of their profile as they often say "join modding revolution.com for free infections and hacks" you get the idea anyway

Sorry this didn't help.