Jet tips (please add)

Id like to say Im an excellent pilot in BF, so i have some advice for those who may be struggling or looking to improve. AIR TO GROUND: Eventually, you will unlock Rocket Pods which are nice for strafing runs on ground targets (the strength of the rockets I think my need a buff) I believe you are given 15 rockets per reload. One thing that helps air to ground which is really out of the pilots hands is your team spotting targets for your runs. Its nearly impossible to spot infantry from the sky, and vehicles are small enough that they may go unnoticed if they are stationary and arent firing. AIR TO AIR: Missiles are great once unlocked, but be very mindful of when you fire. Often, when you achieve lock you frighten people into prematurely setting of their flares. Wait for the flares to dissipate, then fire BOTH missiles for a sure kill. And when giving chase to a target, you MUST be mindful of their jets positioning before you fire willy nilly with a lock on. A rule I use which has served me really well is based on the percentage of the jet you see. The higher the percentage of the jet you see, the lower the percentage of your chance of hitting with the missiles. (you tend to see more Jet when people bank away from you) So, usually, the less of the jet you see means that they are either A) unaware of you or B) coming out of a bank that puts them in good position to be missiled. EVASION: Needless to say, if you have flares and stealth, youve done yourself great service in avoiding missiles and lock ons. DO NOT fire your flares until you hear the SOLID lock tone. This doesnt mean that they have fired, but it means that they have achieved lock and probably have. When being chased, your best friend is the ground. Using scenery to avoid lock (moutains, buildings, etc) is helpful, but also when you are low to the ground and an enemy Jet is at high altitude, it is likely they will miss you as you blend into the scenery (unless of course you were spotted by someone) Please add to this if you have more, and if you see me in the air, do yourself a solid and bail LOL ;D

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If your having a hard time piloting jets, switch your sticks for jets to southpaw legacy, up and down and roll are then the right stick snd left controls yaw. I found it much easier to fly after switching.

I can fly it reasonable ok but I can't get points with it to get even the  first upgrade.

Here is a writing tip.  Use rich formatting and make paragraphs, no one can read that mound of text.

[quote user="Sylar IRL"]

I can fly it reasonable ok but I can't get points with it to get even the  first upgrade.

[/quote]You really have to tough out the first level or so. I learned quickly that if I intend to stay in a Jet the majority of the game, I have to settle for averaging around 4-7 kills per game (that increases when you unlock rockets so you can better engage ground targets). As of now, I dont really mind this as I get a kick out of thinking Im Tom Cruise. Oh, and Uloi, stop being lazy. 

I managed to shoot down a few jets. I have the flares now, so I've got some protection . The jet fighting very exciting. It's fun trying to lose a chasing jet then trying to get behind it.

I hate the Jet controls, I changed the to Legacy Soutpaw and they seem to be much better, maybe give that a try!

When someone is tailing you and you can't shake them, pull up until you're upside down, then level the jet. It puts you at a higher altitude and it throws off your pursuer. :]

I've been practicing with the jets lately and can stay up in the air most of the match now. The only problem is that it's still kind of hard to shoot someone else out of the sky. I do get a little better each time I fly so I'll be better soon, I hope. Can't wait to at least unlock the heat seekers.

Yeah you just need to try your best to keep track of them and spam the machine gun. Does anyone have the higher upgrades. Do they make big difference?

spawn in the frogfoot at the start of caspian border and take out the enemy heli, easy 1st upgrade pretty much for shooting down 1 heli